-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|699|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Art and Sound -> Afro's 3D Models

Fri, 05 Sep 2008, 06:57
Afr0
Yeay!
Today, after... my first week on school (or is it my second?) I got a flash of inspiration and decided to drop by school from the gym and apply the knowledge we'd learned so far to my first self-designed object.
The result? A semi-finished drumkit! I might finish it when I get home, if I can be bothered.

I don't quite know how many polies there are, but the number should be ridiculously low, because it's all modelled based on primitives, and I didn't bother to research exactly how the snaredrum stand looked.

If you wanna use this in your game or whatever (I'll post back here if I finish it), the max file can be found here.

Also, as you might be able to tell: You're gonna have to design the textures yourself, cos we haven't learned about that. I tried using a ultimate unwrap modifier on the bassdrums, but I couldn't get the texture to fit.

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Project Dollhouse on Github - Please fork!
Fri, 05 Sep 2008, 08:28
Jayenkai
Needs more Cowbell

Will you be continuing with little guitars, keyboard and other related instruments?

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 05 Sep 2008, 08:57
Afr0
Well, I'm not sure I would know how to do a guitar, but I could always do a 60's style keyboard!

Edit: Haha, for some reason the background's become transparent, so when you drag the image around, it looks like you're dragging the drumkit!

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Fri, 05 Sep 2008, 12:31
Forklift_Fred
Max renders with alpha channels so the background will always be transparent if possible (unless you tell it not to)

A guitar would be surprisingly easy, you just need to know how to do it, although experience may be required to get it looking any good

Acoustic guitar would be a fairly straight-forwards Loft but electric would probably be best with face extrusions,...

-=-=-
Come rain or shine...
Fri, 05 Sep 2008, 13:09
Afr0
Tomtoms!
I was going to add a cymbal too, but that's too much for tonight.
*wipes sweat off forehead*
If anyone makes textures for this, could they pass it along to me, please?

Edit: w00tsocks! The filesize has grown from 400-something kb to 1,5 megs since last time! :o Better check number of polies before using in-game.

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Fri, 05 Sep 2008, 13:40
blanko1324
I'd hit that.

In other words, very nice. Grand piano next.

-=-=-
My Twitter
Fri, 05 Sep 2008, 16:20
Afr0
Thank you, thank you!
I'll do a grand piano tommorrow if I get time.

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Sat, 06 Sep 2008, 02:59
Afr0

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Sat, 06 Sep 2008, 10:01
Afr0
Grand piano!
Doesn't look quite right, as I couldn't quite get the bump in the side... but I'm still fairly pleased with the result.
Any more ideas?

Max file

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Sat, 06 Sep 2008, 11:21
Phoenix
How about a Pikasso guitar?

(Yeah, it's real!)

Seriously though, nice work Certainly better than my modelling "skills". How about a trumpet/tromboon/saxophone/etc?
Sat, 06 Sep 2008, 12:03
Afr0
Hmm... that Pikasso guitar looks about as hard to model as it must be to play. Hmmhmm...

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Sat, 06 Sep 2008, 13:53
blanko1324
I bit oddly shaped, but a good piano nonetheless.

That guitar is to be played while having a seizure.

-=-=-
My Twitter
Sat, 06 Sep 2008, 14:16
HoboBen
very nice, Afr0

Now, how about some brass?
Sun, 07 Sep 2008, 14:27
Afr0

Hmm... I spent about... a little over an hour on this, I think.
I'm sorry to say I think blanko's gonna be disappointed, because I honestly couldn't get the tubing right, so I had to improvise.
Might not look as good as your real-life one blanko, but it might be suitable for a game!

Max file

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Sun, 07 Sep 2008, 22:32
blanko1324
Looks like a trumpet to me. You got the main bit of tubing, which is good enough. Plus, extra point for the little finger ring thing.

Not bad at all...

-=-=-
My Twitter
Sun, 07 Sep 2008, 22:34
Afr0
Thank you!
I realized I had to make the tube for the mouthpiece longer, so I just did.

Edit: This model has also been 'rigged' for animation btw. The three buttons to play with aren't part of the rest of the Trumpet object, so they can be moved separately.

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Tue, 09 Sep 2008, 06:00
Afr0
This is what I made in school today!

Max File

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Tue, 09 Sep 2008, 16:18
Afr0
w00t! Remade the piano!

Max File

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Wed, 10 Sep 2008, 05:50
Afr0
Made another chair in school today.
This one's slightly more high-poly.

Max File

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Wed, 10 Sep 2008, 11:41
Scherererer
quick! someone make a living room version of rock band with these models!

piano + trumpet + drums = perfect band

-=-=-
YouTube Twitter
Computer Science Series: Logic (pt1) (part 2) (part 3) 2's Complement Mathematics: Basic Differential Calculus
Thu, 11 Sep 2008, 02:35
Afr0

Spaceship inspired by Spore! Notice the piping underneath, too.
May not look 'perfect', but Jay said you needed a variation of models for my modelworkshop, and so that's what I will be making.

Max File

Edit: If you have any special requests, make them here. Just don't ask me to make any characters... yet. Static objects only please!

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Thu, 11 Sep 2008, 22:36
blanko1324
The giant, cartoony cockpit is nice; perfect for big-headed aliens.

Also, piano number two looks much better.

-=-=-
My Twitter
Thu, 11 Sep 2008, 23:45
Phoenix
Also, piano number two looks much better.

Although the keys are a bit off -- there shouldn't be keys between B-C and E-F But it does look better than the first one, as Blanko said.
Fri, 12 Sep 2008, 11:44
blanko1324
Ah yeah, good observation Phoenix...