-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|695|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Blitz -> A game I've been working on...

Sun, 16 Dec 2012, 18:23
steve_ancell
About a year ago a so-called friend at the time caused a load of problems for me but without going into detail about what happend I will tell you how I came up with a way to get my own back by making a game where I get to shoot the annoying individual. His head is shaped like a bulb and he kind of looks like an alien so a shoot-em-up sprang to mind.

Right!, that's enough about the person that I mentioned above coz he's a bafoon anyway, now for the more relevant and interesting part.

The link below with take you to a very early working version of the game, I did add other stuff later on but got lost in my own code due to not being able to concentrate properly.

At he moment the game just shoots out random flying saucers but I plan to make some kind of script reader so that I can apply an actual design struture to the levels, that's when I can get my head around concentrating a bit more.

I know it's not really much at the moment but it is playable and has a fun animation on the title screen.

Left Mouse Button or Space starts the game.

(**********Download Game Here!**********)

|edit| I would have put in in my uploads but it's about 20mb or so and probably would have been spat back out of the server. LOL |edit|
Sun, 16 Dec 2012, 18:39
steve_ancell
Getting back to the bit where I said I wanted to make some sort of script reader, does anyone know an easy way to do that in Blitz3D?.
Tue, 18 Dec 2012, 04:53
steve_ancell
A friend of mine showed me what it looked like on his PC and it looked awful, oversized and overscanned the screen. I do have a more recent version on my hard-drive somewhere that just uses the maximum resoloution of the computer it is on.
Tue, 18 Dec 2012, 05:59
Jayenkai
Sorry, I've not given this a whirl, yet. .. Can't be arsed waiting a minute and a half for the laptop to boot up. Does that make me lazy?!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 18 Dec 2012, 08:05
steve_ancell
Na! you're not lazy Jay, nobody likes waiting for a computer to boot especially us old timers being used to having instant-on back in the day.
Wed, 19 Dec 2012, 01:25
therevillsgames
@Jay... 3 letters for you S S D

@Steve, just downloaded and the FPS is really low, the mouse movement is so slow and I thought something was wrong when I played the game as nothing happens for over 10 seconds.

Also the size of your game is due to your music file... nearly 22MB just for one music file.
Wed, 19 Dec 2012, 03:17
Jayenkai
Three words for you. Jay's First Laptop. Alternatively Jay's Quite Skint. Or even Fuck That Shit!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 19 Dec 2012, 06:32
steve_ancell
It plays at normal speed on my PC.
---
It's not anything special, just Blitz3D so it should run OK.
Wed, 19 Dec 2012, 16:13
steve_ancell
therevillsgames Also the size of your game is due to your music file... nearly 22MB just for one music file.

Thanx for pointing that out, the music is only tempory and what ever soundtrak ends up in the game will be in (.ogg) format. It's only been a sort of play arround project so I haven't really thought it out much.

|edit| I do also realise that if I ever finish and upload it to any indie site then I would have to replace his head with something else or I might wind-up in a law-suit situation. |edit|
Thu, 20 Dec 2012, 02:23
Jayenkai
... Hey, this IS an indie site!!!
Thu, 20 Dec 2012, 03:32
steve_ancell
LOL, I know, sorry but I didn't realise. Do you want me to pull the link or are you OK with it being listed here?.
Thu, 20 Dec 2012, 03:36
Jayenkai
No, I don't care. I think this is very much a backstage type of site, isn't it! Half unfinished stuff easily makes up half of this forum. ... Including the actual forum!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 20 Dec 2012, 03:43
steve_ancell
I will try to get it finished, I just have trouble concentrating that's all.
Sun, 23 Dec 2012, 17:40
steve_ancell
I just read the review in the news letter and I fully understand, I promise not to make it as an installer package for the SoCoder release of this game, I will release it as a Zip-Package.

|edit| The reason I originally released the demo version as an installer is because some people I sent it to didn't seem to know that they needed to unzip it which meant the game just came up with a blank screen for them. They were trying to run it straight from the Zip archive. |edit|