-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|606|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> On Topic -> A New Theme!?

Sat, 19 Apr 2014, 06:30
Jayenkai
In what can only be described as a moment of insanity...

There is.. dun-dun-durrrr... A BRAND NEW THEME available!!!

AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Open the "Quick Theme" link, and you'll find a new "2014-bluegrey" theme at the bottom of the list.
The theme was blatantly nicked from "That" OUYA Forum, as a test of ..

Dun-dun-durrrrrrr........

The brand new Theme Builder Tool!

Holy fuck, have I been busy, these past couple of days.

How To Use

First, you need a theme png with your colourscheme and font size settings.

Over on the left is a bunch of colour/setting doohickeys.

Fonts

To change the colour of a font, change the colour of it's bar. To change font size, make the bar's width wider. (If you need a white coloured font, make the background of the bar black, and it oughta figure out what you mean!!)
You can also fill in the Bold and Italic dots to switch those on/off.

Backgrounds

Change the background of the whole image to set the <body> background colour, and then on the very left of the image are a bunch of blocks. Leave them empty to give sections no background, or colour them to give backgrounds.
A is the main, B/C/D/E/F get used in various places like forum sections, showcase areas, and other stuff.. G/H are colours of the left-bar's menu, and I/J are the sidebars.

If you want borders, give the block a border.
If you don't want borders, don't give the blocks borders!

Buttons

On the right are two blocks, which get the default button text plonked over them. (New topic, Edit, Delete, Logout, etc)
The topmost is the most used, the bottommost is exclusively for Delete.
Use as much of the area as you'd like, with pink for transparency. The buttons will be chopped down to area used.
If you want a better style, either edit the .bmx sourcecode to make it look better, or dig into the resulting images and do some DIY!
Once finished, use the .bat to convert the .png images to .gif ones, (relies on you having Irfanview installed..) because Socoder is so old it still expects them to be .gifs, and after about 2 hours, yesterday, I gave up trying to make that any different!!

Advanced

The logo needs doing. If you can't be arsed, I'll probably make one for you.
If you want to change the font being used by the site, open the .css file, and do a mass "Ctrl-F" search and replace. It's all the exact same font, so should be easy enough to replace with your own selection.
If you want to play with alt-colours and things, open the template's .css file, and have a play with all those C[A,1], F[A,1], BG[A,0] things.. But, fuck, it's messy in there!!!

C[] is for Colour, F[] is for Font, and BG[] is for Background.. A->O are the font/colour settings, 1 is main, 2 is alt colour, and 0 is the background's setting. .. You should be able to figure it out.. Maybe!
You can also open the .bmx source and faff about with the innards, assuming you can follow my crazy-ass code!

Enjoy!!

Have fun with the tool, and if you make anything interesting, be sure to let me know.
If you do a bog-standard theme, you need only upload the .png file, and post it here, since I can simply run the builder at my side and get the same output.
If you do anything fancier, zip up the whole resulting folder, and send that over.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 28 May 2014, 18:34
dna
I thought I might try this tomorrow.

All the theme pngs must be 288 x 480?

** Also, are these themes that we create supposed to be used in Socoder?

-=-=-
DNA