-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|447|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> In-Development -> They Are Everywhere- Progress thread

Wed, 25 Jun 2014, 17:16
cyangames
Finally had a good nights coding and got level 5 started and finished with new enemy types tonight. If I can get one level out a night, that might be pretty good going really!

Lots of spinning gits and diagonal blighters abound. Only 35 levels to go!

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Wed, 25 Jun 2014, 17:31
Jayenkai
Looks interesting!
Good luck!!
Wed, 25 Jun 2014, 17:35
cyangames
Thanks Jay!

In my excitement I didn't even notice it was actually level 6, woo, 1 less level to make!

-=-=-
Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 09:20
cyangames
If anyone would like to try out the apk, please send me a PM and I'll send you a linky to it tonight

-=-=-
Sun, 29 Jun 2014, 16:17
cyangames
More spritage done, jst need to think up a few more boss enemies....stoopid brain!

So far:

Mega cresta / green space ship but big.
Cannon-6 rotating missile firing git
Hyper cube - teleports from place to place firing destroyable homing cubes
Space octopus. Because, every shmup game should have one, spins about firing a large laser from it's mouth from time to time, destructable limbs.

-=-=-
Mon, 30 Jun 2014, 09:42
cyangames
Thanks again. Drew up another boss late last night, just 1 or 2 to go, then it's just the coding, credits, some sfx and a couple of special ending graphics to go.

Hehe, actually, that's still a fair bit, still , enjoying getting a bit further day by day!

-=-=-
Mon, 30 Jun 2014, 09:57
Jayenkai
Looking really nice. I'd be wary of using the OUYA button labels, though, with the whole OUYA Everywhere things happening. I've switched to using a four-dot thing, with the lit up dot being representative of the face button to hit. No idea if it's usable when playing quick, but people seemed to understand it in Every Good Bird, so I'm sticking with it!!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 30 Jun 2014, 10:06
cyangames
Aye, I noticed that whilst I was playing Space Clusters last night, it made sense to me and lil Triston, he's only 5 so seems pretty usable

Looks like the moga pad uses the standard SNES layout though, so it should be fine (crosses fingers)

Wander how their subscription thingy is going to work though, looks interesting!

-=-=-
Mon, 30 Jun 2014, 16:31
cyangames
Yes! Sprites...Complete! Or, at least until I think I'll put more in (hopefully not!)

-=-=-
Mon, 30 Jun 2014, 16:44
Jayenkai
Ooooh, I like that one on the right. It does spin, right??! Make it spin!!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 30 Jun 2014, 16:51
cyangames
Hmm, I wasn't gonna but now I might thanks Jay!

-=-=-
Tue, 01 Jul 2014, 18:03
cyangames
Improved some bits on the first boss tonight in terms of player feedback and fixed some player character balancing issues. Also, think I'll need to add continues to this game, I've only once gotten to level 7!

Also, just crossed a milestone of 50...50 Sound Effects! I'll be at around 80-90 of them i reckon when I'm done. Crikey!

-=-=-
Tue, 01 Jul 2014, 18:26
Jayenkai
Yowsers, what a lot of audio!
Largest my games has reached is probably NeonPlat Adventures, and even that has less than 50..

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 02 Jul 2014, 03:35
cyangames
I doubt my game is going to be quite as large as neon plat adventures. That looked to be a pretty big game there!

But yeah, each enemy has a spawning noise, etc so there's a bunch of sfx!

Music is one of those things I haven't really had any experience doing so I hired a rather awesome chap to make some retro chiptunes.

-=-=-
Fri, 12 Sep 2014, 16:49
cyangames
Main Game Nearly Complete!

I'd like to say it is complete, but I'm sure beta testing will point out some issues, however, all 26 levels are built, bosses are set-up and ready, fixed a couple of frame rate issues in one area and jiggled the difficulties around, it's still a tough as nails game to beat but I have beaten each level seperately without losing a life, linking it all up together is a far tougher challenge.

I'm glad I included practice mode for single level training, otherwise it would be a little on the unforgiving side. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing though

Getting started prototyping trailers and game endings currently. Written up a draft of a marketing plan I'm hoping to see through later this year. It's all coming together piece by piece and I'm still enjoying playing through it and practicing the boss encounters!

Made a nice retro style graphic of the 4 player ships, might have to go through adding more products onto zazzle again later on

-=-=-
Fri, 12 Sep 2014, 17:01
rockford
Wow Jay; looks like Rychan has found a new forum fuck-up. And it's a doozy!

Very nice, BTW
Fri, 12 Sep 2014, 17:06
Jayenkai
It's not too bad, just looks really stupid on a smaller resolution.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 08 Oct 2014, 14:53
cyangames
BADGESSSSSS!!!!11111

Need to re-skin that iCade somehow.

Also, endings are all written up and in the game, bug fixing...

-=-=-
Wed, 08 Oct 2014, 15:20
Jayenkai
Yeay! iCade!

I could do with a game for that

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 08 Oct 2014, 15:47
cyangames
I do need to play through your library of game on it also, particularly blast trax and blockman, those would most likely be great on it

Just need to wrestle the iPad away from the wife!

-=-=-