-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|453|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Papercraft

Fri, 25 Jul 2014, 08:45
Jayenkai
I've decided to make this it's own topic, as the Lumia 1020 topic is spiralling into all kinds of off-topic ness!!
If you've been following the story so far, it went like this..

1. Bought a new phone, specifically because it's a good camera.
2. Bought a printer to print photos and other stuff.
3. Realised papercrafts could be fun.
4. Attempted arcade machine cutout, and enjoyed it.
5. Integrated "make me an arcade cabinet" into my IconResizer tool, so I basically have an infinite supply of cutouts, ready to be made.
6. Bought a knife, a craft mat, and other bits and pieces.
7. Became a freakin' CraftAddict!!

If you'd like to try your hand at making one (or more), the new PaperArcade additions on my Archive should be all you need. Click on through, and the PaperArcade is in the Bonus Assets section.
If you'd like to see any particular games as arcade cutouts, let me know!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 25 Jul 2014, 08:54
cyangames
Reminds me of an old paper craft thing made up a long, long time ago for a company sat right next to me

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Fri, 25 Jul 2014, 14:57
Jayenkai
[flickr]14721260506[/flickr]
Sat, 26 Jul 2014, 04:08
Dabz
Oh oh oh... Do they do a Star Wars arcade... That would look sooooooooooo cool!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Sat, 26 Jul 2014, 04:34
Jayenkai
There's a few out there, but they all seem to use the "front panel has side-tabs" style of putting the cabinet together. Have a hunt on google. "Papercraft" is the magic word!

I initially tried that, but found it far too fiddly to put together.
The way mine is, one single front panel, with the tabs on the body of the cabinet, means you simply stick the topmost part on, then can easily dab on the rest of the front panel. Otherwise with side-tabs, you need to line up the sections, push in the sides, whilst the whole thing's sliding about with all the glue!!
Having the tabs on the body gives it a little more solidity as you're fixing the front on. Much easier.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sat, 26 Jul 2014, 05:40
Jayenkai
LOL, awesome bonus feature on Rychan's penguin.

> Reveal 🔎

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 08 Aug 2014, 17:44
Jayenkai
BBC's WhoSite had a printable TARDIS! https://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/article/now-its-your-turn-to-land-the-tardis
I know what I'm doing tomorrow!!

(Because the printer's too loud to be printing things at 00:44 in the morning!!)

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sat, 09 Aug 2014, 03:08
cyangames
Haha, didn't see the penguin until I stumbled onto vine the other days, nice

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Sat, 09 Aug 2014, 08:06
Jayenkai

... Didn't go very well!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sat, 09 Aug 2014, 09:04
Jayenkai

Meanwhile, I am getting better at doing these lovely things!

Shocking that my little arcade machine fits together better than a professional BBC papercraft!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''