-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|558|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Work

Fri, 12 Sep 2014, 09:52
Dabz
Well... I've been working away from home for a bit now, and in that time, as you know, I met a lass, who's from Sunderland... Just around the corner from where I'm from... County Durham.

So, the past few weeks, I've been mulling over getting a job back home, basically, I like the lass a lot, and my marriage went tits up mostly due to the fact that we were like ships in the night. So, just this week I decided to get in touch with an old contracts manager who said he'd always have plastering work for me whenever I needed it... All good to go, I went into the office today when I got back from Cheltenham (where I've been working for the last fortnight), told my director I was giving a fort nights notice... Thought it would be easy, and erm, well... Suffice to say, wasn't as easy as I thought...

First off, he asked why, told him... Then he told me they were going to make me up to a foreman, more money, more bonus, secondly, I'd get a new van, which I could use willy nilly, no insurance to pay (not even NI insurance you have to pay on company cars), a fuel card but obviously, not take the piss with diesel out of company hours, like use 500 miles worth, but all I need to do is ask if that ever is the case.

My contact manager has been on the phone to rob, my current foreman asking what's going on.... He has had a half day off so wasn't there, rob phoned me to tell me I had to ring tony later, but he did say, and I quote "we cannot lose Dabz, if it's about a girl, tell him to get a prostitute and put her down as expenses on his time sheet"! and apparently a couple more area managers are gutted I put my notice in too!

Been a weird day... Not entirely sure what to do now... But as it stands, they wouldn't accept my notice today and told me to go away and think about it!

And I haven't a clue what to think! :/

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Fri, 12 Sep 2014, 09:59
Jayenkai
Seems like a choice between Work or Life. They're never easy decisions, especially so early in a relationship. You never can be sure which way things will go.
If you give up your job, then the relationship goes sour, you're left with nothing.
On the other hand, it's never a great thing to be a workaholic.

And annoyingly, it's one of those decision that only you can make, yourself.

Good luck!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 12 Sep 2014, 10:47
Dabz
It's a pisser isn't it... I'm going out for a meal with her tonight, so... I'll discuss it with her... And yeah, that crossed my mind, could be an all or nothing thing, but then, if down the line we do get more serious, like a house, family etc etc, at least we'll (well, she) would be more comfy then if I was just on an average wage.... Which is fine by me, I could never punish another lass because the ex and her family took me for a ride...

It's a poser!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Fri, 12 Sep 2014, 10:50
Dabz
Cheers kuron... Makes sense matey!

Dabz