-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|608|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Three New Retro Consoles Out

Fri, 31 Oct 2014, 11:37
Jayenkai
Ticks me off that these don't have cartridge slots.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 31 Oct 2014, 12:45
cyangames
I've been tempted by the retro trio one on funstock for quite a while now personally.

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Fri, 31 Oct 2014, 14:18
Jayenkai
Foook!! NHS includes prescriptions... Is the ObamaCare thing not taking care of prescriptions?

Fuck, your whole healthcare system is screwed up.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 31 Oct 2014, 15:50
rockford
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

How on earth can they justify that increase? Is there anything you can do legally to lower that extra cost? What about alternative providers, although I doubt anyone will want to touch you

Weren't you in the army? UK armed forces have charities (British Legion etc.)for exactly this type of thing - what about the U.S.?
Sat, 01 Nov 2014, 06:29
cyangames
How can they justify such a massive price hike. That is insane!

Is there any way around it? I hope so.

-=-=-
Sat, 01 Nov 2014, 12:16
9572AD
"Obama Care" takes care of NOTHING. It does one thing and one thing only - requires everyone to buy health insurance and the insurance companies to let them.
Having health insurance means fuck-all. The insurance company decides whether or not to cover any particular thing and how much you are going to pay for that coverage.
"Obama Care" places no limitations on insurance companies, aside from a small list of "basic care" requirements they must cover, so all prices are skyrocketing.

-=-=-
All the raw, animal magnetism of a rutabaga.
Sat, 01 Nov 2014, 12:23
9572AD
Back on topic:

OOH! I've not seen the Colecovision one!

The Intellivision one has at most a dozen games worth playing. I have all but five or six of the included games, and they're mostly dire.

I don't know about current Atari Flashbacks, but I know the Atari Flashback 2 was specifically designed so that you could solder a cartridge port into the mainboard and play your carts.
edit: ROFL @ "AND MANY MORE." Many more includes the 4 games whose place is taken by the text, and one other.

-=-=-
Sun, 02 Nov 2014, 02:16
spinal
I've been looking at getting the intellivision, not sure how easy it will be for uk though.

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Sun, 02 Nov 2014, 03:02
Jayenkai
I'd ask at FunStock.co.uk, they usually have these kinds of things.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 10 Nov 2014, 13:30
spinal
Nothing? I can't think of a single thing on the planet with nothing wrong with it.

I don't really want to get too political here, but surely the system used in other parts of the world, ie, small amount of taxes goes to full anything medically wrong with you coverage for everyone in the country is a little better?

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Mon, 10 Nov 2014, 18:46
9572AD
If that wonderful system weren't completely bankrupt and/or resulting in sub-standard care in every country I can think of, sure I'd be all for it.

-=-=-
Tue, 11 Nov 2014, 03:06
cyangames
It's interesting, disturbingly interesting to hear exactly what has happened over there Kuron. Over here, from what little TV I watched it was only broadcast as a positive thing when the reality is clearly not that

The NHS over has, from what have read anyway, been under more governments attack since the early 2000's. It's a very strange world we live in nowadays. Almost as if the government only want the population to live up to a certain age. That's my take on it anyway. I guess it's one way to reduce spending on pensions I suppose...

-=-=-
Tue, 11 Nov 2014, 03:13
rockford
I work for the NHS and despite the alleged ring-fencing (*cough* bullshit) by the Tories, the NHS is stretched waaaaaaaay beyond breaking point - moral is at an all time low, with constant fear of redundancy and further cut-backs. Services (including staff training) are denied or delayed left, right and centre. Patient care is definitely being affected, more so in some areas than others.
Tue, 11 Nov 2014, 06:57
Jayenkai
From what I heard, I'd just assumed Obamacare was going to be the same general idea as our NHS. Ok, NHS might not be perfect, but when we need it, it's usually available. After hearing Obamacare horror tales, it's really not worked out all that well at all!!

But .. I think Obama had the right idea, and initially wanted "NHS in the US", but it just got twisted to fuck during all the US political wranglings.

I hope that, somewhere in the next few years, it can all get organised and fixed up to what it was supposed to be, because .. Really.. You guys need a more nationwide health service.

Incidentally, every time I think about US healthcare, I can't help but think about that episode of Friends, where Joey has a massive hernia, but has no insurance..
.. .. That's some scary shit, right there..
Nobody should have to deal with that.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''