-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|700|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Insomnia

Fri, 14 Nov 2014, 17:38
steve_ancell
Thanks to my cousin putting up a video on facebook of drug cartels cutting the heads off two blokes, I'm gonna have a few or more problems sleeping tonight.
Fri, 14 Nov 2014, 17:38
steve_ancell
I wish I hadn't pressed the play button, but I have only myself to blame for that I guess.
Fri, 14 Nov 2014, 17:39
steve_ancell
Well I guess I will have to convert insomnia into code I suppose!
Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 04:20
Afr0
If you can't sleep, you can approach your doc about Oxazepam (Alepam, Medopam, Murelax, Murepam, Opamox, Ox-Pam, Purata, Serax, Serepax). When I was in Ukraine there were certain places we were swallowing it like candy.
However it can be addictive. Right now I'm sleeping on Melatonin which is much safer but not nearly as strong (I can wake up from the tiniest sound.)
Few warnings: I'm pretty sure you've said you're prone to depression Steve, and Oxazepam is liable to kill you or leave you a veggie if you OD on it, so you should get it from your doc, not from unsolicited sources (he or she will give you the correct dosage based on knowing about depression.)
Also, remember what I said about addiction.

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Project Dollhouse on Github - Please fork!
Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 04:29
steve_ancell
I'm on Pregablin and Quetiapine, but haven't been taking them for a couple of months. I will get around to seeing my GP again soon.
Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 05:15
Jayenkai
For a while, I was taking a mild herbal sleeping tablet, to help me nod off at night. ( NatraSleep tabets from Holland and Barrett. )

I also learned that playing a game like Animal Crossing late at night helped me nod off.
Basically, the reason most of us coders can't sleep is because our minds are so active. I found that taking a relaxant and coupling it with a relaxing game, as well as sticking to a nighttime schedule, helped shut my brain down at night.
It honestly is the only way to do it. And it pretty much worked for me.
Now I'm pretty much always asleep by midnight, and only ever awake at night if I end up needing to get up, to pee in the middle of the night.. (Old age!!?) .. Then i find it REALLY hard to get back to sleep again!!

... Do note, however, two things..
First, i stopped taking the relaxants after my hospital visit, since the number of damn pills they had me on were knocking me out, anyway!! I've not yet felt the need to go back to the relaxants, and am still sleeping plenty.
Second, I've recently started playing Smash Bros at night, instead of Animal Crossing. .... Not sure if that's a good thing, or not!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 05:51
Afr0
Basically, the reason most of us coders can't sleep is because our minds are so active.

Very true! Coding is a lifestyle, at least in this regard.

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 10:05
rockford
I generally do a few Picross or Picross3D puzzles before turning the light off, but then I could fall asleep on the edge of a razor blade any time. I'm constantly knackered - working shifts for 20+ years really fecks up your system.
Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 10:19
HoboBen
Haha dunno about you guys but I find staying *awake* the problem!

-=-=-
blog | work | code | more code
Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 16:39
Afr0
Agreed!
But... Before I went to Ukraine, my sleeping pattern was so fucked up that I think fucking it up further might have been just what I needed.

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Sat, 15 Nov 2014, 16:57
9572AD
I wish I could get insomnia! That would be awesome! I could watch a whole movie without having to restart it from the middle somewhere four different times!

-=-=-
All the raw, animal magnetism of a rutabaga.
Sun, 16 Nov 2014, 01:51
rockford
I wish I could get insomnia! That would be awesome! I could watch a whole movie without having to restart it from the middle somewhere four different times!

LOL. I know exactly what you mean - most of the time I can't watch a 45 min tv programme without falling asleep during part of it
Sun, 16 Nov 2014, 02:34
steve_ancell
I actually managed to get sleep last night, I remember doing a bit of coding then I woke up about an hour ago with everything still powered up.
Sun, 16 Nov 2014, 05:24
cyangames
Yah, cdoing does tend to equal late nights over here also, judging by my posting habits on here recently... 3 in the morning... Geez! What was I thinking.

Oh yeah, code, games, code , games, fun times!

I wish that the whole sleepiness thing wouldn't get in the way sometimes.

I do tend to jusy plop into bed and fall asleep within a few minutes though, unless I my brain goes off on one and spooks me out.

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Mon, 17 Nov 2014, 20:08
Jayenkai
....hmmm.. Speaking of Insomnia.
It's 3:13, and I'm wide awake.
Can't seem to nod off, tonight.

Maybe I oughta code another game...!???

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 18 Nov 2014, 05:58
zzoom
Haha dunno about you guys but I find staying *awake* the problem!

Yeah, its a constant battle for me to stay up much past 10 pm

Every time I 'get back' to some coding - I find early mornings start to be a theme - I suppose coding whilst the house is quiet has a sub-conscious appeal I can't seem to ignore when I'm asleep!

-=-=-
Happy coding!