-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|581|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> PlayMyTunes

Tue, 16 Dec 2014, 11:07
spinal
before i even consider coding this, does anyone know of an mp3 player applications that will play randomly from a folder, but between songs play a random mp3 from a different folder? so shuffles two playlists together, 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 like that?

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Tue, 16 Dec 2014, 11:07
Jayenkai
Nope.. However, it's easier to generate a playlist.. Make a little script to gather the filenames, jumble them, make a simple text based playlist, then run that through your compatible mp3 player.

Can't remember if it's m3u or pls, but one is VERY simple text...

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 17 Dec 2014, 01:15
9572AD
Put the two folders inside a third folder and random the third folder!
I dunno, I've never got on with the whole "playlist" thing and the way all the players bend over backwards to accommodate it screws any semblance of order I'd like to impose. I listen to albums, not "playlists".
(and, yes, I realise I could spend umpteen zillion hours making album playlists. The point is I shouldn't need to. The albums are all stored in their own folders, like anyone possessing two neurons would organize them - yet every player I try assumes I've just dumped all my .mp3s into a single folder called "music" and runs through re-organizing everything based on bullshit metadata which I hate and don't use, and then splits each album into three groups because there was a difference in capitalization or something equally stupid.)

-=-=-
All the raw, animal magnetism of a rutabaga.
Wed, 17 Dec 2014, 02:02
spinal
A lightly better explanation, I want to play music at work, currently im using media player, which is fine, it plays the songs in a random order. But I want to add some pre-recorded adverts, encouraging customers to buy our fine products and I want these to pop up in a random order within the main playlist without the possibility of hearing more than one at a time.

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Wed, 17 Dec 2014, 02:17
9572AD
Ah, so you want like "play 5 from folder A, then one from folder B"

Can't say I've seen one that does that specifically, though don't some of them support some sort of scripting for customization?

-=-=-
All the raw, animal magnetism of a rutabaga.