-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|598|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Festive Pics

Page : 1 2 Next
Prev
Thu, 18 Dec 2014, 10:09
Jayenkai

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 19 Dec 2014, 05:12
Jayenkai
[flickr]16056118235[/flickr]
Fri, 19 Dec 2014, 09:02
Jayenkai
About 6 or 7 years ago, Mum spotted a lovely Harp ornament in the local Garden Center, but wasn't sure if she wanted it or not, so ultimately didn't buy it.
She changed her mind the next day, but it'd been sold, and ever since she's hunted for a nice small harp ornament, but.. Alas.. It seems an impossible thing to find.

I recently found a "DIY Kit" thing on Amazon, and it was only £3, so figured what the hey, and picked it up for her.

It's turned out surprisingly nice!

[flickr]15435042134[/flickr]

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 19 Dec 2014, 09:11
rockford
That is actually very nice
Fri, 19 Dec 2014, 09:14
Jayenkai
0-3 Sad Onions

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 19 Dec 2014, 09:31
rockford
You've watched too much Ashens, methinks!
Fri, 19 Dec 2014, 09:34
Jayenkai
FAR too much!
Mon, 22 Dec 2014, 07:45
Dabz
Me, in Merchant City in Glasgow... Having a moment next to a big tree!

And yes, I have shorts on and it was sleet and snowing outside... But I'm 'ard!!!!!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Mon, 22 Dec 2014, 07:54
Jayenkai
Look out! Noel's right behind you!!!!
Mon, 22 Dec 2014, 07:58
Dabz
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... I've been Noel'd!!!!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Wed, 24 Dec 2014, 22:33
Afr0

I was raised Christian, and technically still am. I'm just very liberal, but this is still Christmas for me.

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Project Dollhouse on Github - Please fork!
Thu, 25 Dec 2014, 03:29
Afr0
Yeah, the whole scientific debate about the nativity stories... it's interesting! But it's also very confusing.
Some scholars seem to think that most, if not all, of the information about the birth was made up. Then there are others who accuse them of holding the stories to an impossible historical standard, and think it's impressive there is some information at all given he was a historically unimportant character born in a Roman backwater.
Yet others seem to take for granted that the stories are mostly true, but keep debating the details: was there a star? If so, was it a comet, two or three planets alining or a supernova? Even Johannes Keppler tried figuring this one out!!
Was there a census? Did it require everyone to travel to their ancestral homes?
Was Quirinius (still) governor of Syria?
Did the greek word for manger mean he was born in a stable or the nicest part of a house (some archeologists seem to think the latter)?
Did Herod kill the babies? Historian Josephus makes no mention, but assuming Jesus was born in Bethlehem, there were about 1000 people there, so all told we're talking maybe 4 - 10 babies. Perhaps not important enough to mention in an age filled with violence and conflict.
Even the things that are clearly a matter of Faith are being debated:
Was Mary impregnated by the Holy Ghost, or by someone else?
I'd personally say the former is about as likely as the latter, considering Joseph was convinced she hadn't been unfaithful.
Did the shepherds see angels, or were they smoking opium (fields of Bethlehem are a prime location for growing)? I'd say the former, given that last time I checked, opium doesn't come with GPS navigation.
Given the amount of unanswered/debated questions, I'd say the story mostly comes down to faith. I think I've pretty much chosen to believe that Jesus was Messiah regardless of whether he was born in Nazareth or Bethlehem.

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Project Dollhouse on Github - Please fork!
Thu, 25 Dec 2014, 04:48
Jayenkai
Worst Xmas Jumper, ever!!

Made from almost tshirt like material. Fake-knitted pattern, the cheeky bastards.
It's tight, too. Large size, but so elasticated that it feels like I'm wearing nothing but a giant rubber band!!!
Wtf???!

Not happy. Grrr..

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 25 Dec 2014, 05:22
Jayenkai
Meanwhile, the other Jumper I got..

Mum wasn't happy once I mentioned the fact that he was having a pee!! She hadn't noticed!!! LOL!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 25 Dec 2014, 05:40
Jayenkai
....hundred!!????

Fuck...

Thu, 25 Dec 2014, 08:46
Jayenkai

Nom Nom Nom

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Page : 1 2 Next