-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|705|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Watch Picking

Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 07:55
steve_ancell
When it comes to watches it has to be analogue, digital watches are mingin'
Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 08:26
Jayenkai
I must admit, I've never really been one for watches. But this Misfit Shine is nice and cumfy, but also mysterious and odd, which is the sort of thing that I tend to go for!!

I recently upgraded the strap from the included el'cheapo rubber thing, to a nicer leather one.

The approx. six month battery life helps. I'm not a fan of smartwatches needing to be charged every night or so.

If you keep your eye on geekanoids' Youtube channel (and his seperate vlog channel), he's also currently trying to decide on a new watch, so is getting loads in to try out. Lots of videos and things!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 09:22
Dabz
I like them ice watches... I had a beauty... retro kind, leather straps, £125... Left it at a lasses house in sunderland one night... Never went back for it as I discovered in the morning she was nuts!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 12:47
spinal
Pebble
Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 13:11
Jayenkai
Quite like the idea of programmable faces, but what abiut the charging? Is that annoying, or have you gotten used to it?
Oh, and does it do pedometerystuffs?

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 13:38
Jayenkai
"Have more than enough computers"
..what an odd phrase.

Is that even possible?!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 13:40
spinal
Never looked into pedometer, I don't think it does out of the box, but theres a bazillion apps that people have made. This for example -- https://www.theverge.com/2014/6/24/5837550/pebble-becomes-a-real-pedometer-with-new-misfit-partnership

never really tried many of the pebble apps myself, I\m happy with getting notifications and changing the face now and then.

Oh, Jay, you've probably guessed, I never got around to finishing that thing I PM'd you about, but you would have guesses I wouldn't finish it

As for charging, it's not something I think about much, the charger is magnetic so just snap the cable on every now and then, four or so days usually, much better than any other smart watch (with an always on screen).

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 17:23
cyangames
I'm fine with just my naked wrist, sans-watch, never really liked the extra weight on one over the other as a kid. I mean, I guess if I wore two I'd balance out better?

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Wed, 14 Jan 2015, 23:22
steve_ancell
3rd one down looks good.
Thu, 15 Jan 2015, 23:44
spinal
From what I remember though, it doesn't play nice with windows phones, just ios and android.

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Fri, 23 Jan 2015, 13:34
Jayenkai
Hmm.. Part of me's thinking the hands could be a little more noticable. The lightsabers are more noticable than the hands..

But nice, though! Will look great on your giant wrists!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 23 Jan 2015, 16:40
rockford
As a SW fan I definitely approve of your purchase