-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|386|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Favourite Consoles

Sat, 24 Jan 2015, 06:39
Jayenkai
For those curious, they're all the ones from the GameCube!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sat, 24 Jan 2015, 06:59
Jayenkai
I REALLY enjoyed the "fun" of the Wii. Really cheesed off that 95% of that has been removed in the WiiU.
And as for launch games, you really can't beat Wii Sports, although Sonic Adventure comes a very close second.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sat, 24 Jan 2015, 09:49
rockford
As a big Nintendo fan, I can definitely say that the Nintendo consoles (more specifically the Nintendo games on those consoles) have sucked up more of my life than any other and I love them all to bits for that. Strangely though I prefer the MegaDrive to the SNES.

But I'd go further and state that I've spent more time using their handhelds, especially the DS and 3DS, than the home consoles even. The hours I've put into the various Animal Crossing games, Pokemon, Picross (especially 3D), the Advance Wars series, Professor Layton and too many more to mention.

I fell in love with handhelds with the GBA and continue to prefer them to any other form of gaming - hence why I dev more for GP2X, Caanoo, Wiz, Pandora etc.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy consoles too, but due to having only limited time to play nowadays, handhelds suit that best.

As for Wii Sports - I played Tennis a few times and a couple of the others, but they weren't for me. To me the best Wii launch games was ExciteTruck. That was just sooooo awesome. Despite Zelda (Twilight Princess) being a launch game too, it's my least favourite Zelda game.
Sun, 25 Jan 2015, 00:36
Dabz
Original Gameboy for me... still have one... still use it!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Sun, 25 Jan 2015, 14:54
cyangames
If I had to choose a favourite console (which I own) it would be a tough choice between

The Nintendo Wii and The Sega Dreamcast, with the Nintendo DS and OUYA just behind them.

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!