-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|684|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Welcome, Steve Elliott

Tue, 27 Jan 2015, 10:46
Steve Elliott
Just saying hi...Joined last night
Tue, 27 Jan 2015, 10:46
Jayenkai
Hi Steve! Welcome aboard!
Tue, 27 Jan 2015, 12:06
rockford
Two new guys in as many days?

Tue, 27 Jan 2015, 17:15
steve_ancell
'ello Steve
Wed, 28 Jan 2015, 05:41
Dabz
Bonjour buddy!

Dabz
Thu, 29 Jan 2015, 06:19
Steve Elliott
Thanks guys, nice to have a relaxed multi-language site to go too.

@ Kuron, no - I visit the Blitz BASIC site too.

-=-=-
Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.2GHZ 8Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2Gb, Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Thu, 29 Jan 2015, 07:17
steve_ancell
Steve Elliot I visit the Blitz BASIC site too

Same here, and also the monkey site, and the DarkBasic Pro site allbeit quite rarely.
Thu, 29 Jan 2015, 11:18
Steve Elliott
Cool. I've seen you about Steve.

Monkey and Dark BASIC were not for me, but perhaps I might one day get me own little language added to the list here. Seems a bit more appropriate than plugging it at a Blitz site.

-=-=-
Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.2GHZ 8Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2Gb, Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Thu, 29 Jan 2015, 13:09
steve_ancell
Steve Elliot perhaps I might one day get me own little language added to the list here

Excellent stuff!, is your language cross platform, PC, Mac, Mobile etc...?
Thu, 29 Jan 2015, 13:26
Steve Elliott
That's the aim eventually Steve, it's Open Gl based so moving to other platforms would be easier than DX.

Actually the language syntax is something I've spent longer than expected on - because I want it just right. The graphics engine side has been neglected because of this. Very basic indeed right now lol. But it's getting the framework in place that's important I think.

-=-=-
Thu, 29 Jan 2015, 13:40
steve_ancell
I have no idea on where to even start making a programming language, any chance of submitting a simple tutorial at some point if and when you get time to do so?
Thu, 29 Jan 2015, 13:55
Steve Elliott
Always wanted to make my own language - and started a few times. But was lured into choosing a language that was already available. But after being let down again - either by a change of direction or abandoned by the author I thought no more. I'm going to follow my own course.

I aim to do some tutorial videos. But I'm some time off completion right now. Will keep you posted.

-=-=-
Thu, 29 Jan 2015, 15:53
cyangames
Best of luck with writing a new language Steve. How do you go about such a thing I wander, as it has to be based in another language (e.g. c / c++) initially nowadays yup?

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Fri, 30 Jan 2015, 00:13
Dabz
I love playing with strings! hehehe

I wrote a new language a while back called bamboo basic which was heavily based on blitzmax, but compiled to php... it was interesting to do... if you google sourceforge for bamboobasic, you'll come across it!

The off and on project im doing now is a blitzmax style language that hopefully one day will be like Basic4Android... Since thats Windows only, theres room for yet another android basic! its not a dead cert full on project, but keeps me busy when im bored!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Fri, 30 Jan 2015, 07:51
steve_ancell
Dabz I wrote a new language a while back called bamboo basic which was heavily based on blitzmax

I still have that on my HD somewhere, are you thinking of reviving that or have you submitted it to room 101?. I reckon that could have gone places if it had a lot of publicity.
Fri, 30 Jan 2015, 08:03
Dabz
The new one is a complete rewrite... Still written in C++ because of the portability that offers! and I plan to write a new editor, in Vala again! when I wrote the nix editor I literally learnt Vala as I was going! it's a gorgeous language as well!

As I said, it's not a do or die thing as I do pretty well in my day to day job, which is concrete structure maintenance (I fix poorly concrete things such as car parks or bridges) and I very much doubt any software I write will cover my wage doing that per week... It's more of an interest project then anything at the moment, but, you never know...

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Sat, 31 Jan 2015, 06:21
Steve Elliott
Nice one Dabz.

Finally! Today, I finalised a syntax that I am completely happy with...I'm a fussy bugger lol. Onwards and upwards!

-=-=-