-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|679|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> The GooglePlay Address Issue

Tue, 31 Mar 2015, 08:09
Jayenkai
All over GooglePlay, hundreds and thousands of games are vanishing, as Indie Devs fail to "agree" with Google's latest T&Cs
Around about September 2014, Google added a new rule to their T&Cs. Essentially, to aid in customer requests, companies would have to disclose a real-world address that they can be contacted through.

This makes a whole lot of sense, except when it comes to Indies Devs.

Basically, in order to put your game on the GooglePlay store, you MUST include a RealWorld address. Essentially, Google's asking you to put your home address online, for the world to see.

I, and many others, have failed to "agree" with this, and over the past month, Google have taken all my games off the GooglePlay store.
A shame, but fuck that!!

All future Android games will be hosted solely on my Archive, as downloadable .apk's.
I will miss out on a LOT of players, but I'm not comfortable having my home address be THAT easy to access.
If people REALLY need to find it, there are ways, including hunting this site, or it's WhoIs data.
But that requires an ounce of effort, and spambots and other stuff would be less inclined to do that.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 31 Mar 2015, 09:10
spinal
Sounds stupid to me. Surely email contact is plenty info.

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!