-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|688|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Misc Gaming -> Raspberry PI 2 Case

Fri, 10 Apr 2015, 05:44
Hotshot
I got myself Raspberry pi 2 and the case I got is piss poor.
Fitting raspberry pi 2 inside case is so bad but I have managed it!

I should received 8GB memory card tomorrow and see what operating system in it.

I did love try Aros(I dont know if I spell that right as it is like Amiga OS)
Fri, 10 Apr 2015, 06:24
spinal
Hopefully it works better than the original Pi. That thing, although had (apparently) good gfx capability, didn't have a version of the OS that was hardware accelerated, so even in desktop mode, it was slow with graphic tearing.
I've heard though that windows 10 will be free for the Pi2.

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Fri, 10 Apr 2015, 08:26
Hotshot
I try to connected internet but one problem that bugged me is what is PSK?

I have scan the WI FI and it had pick up very well. Now I am stump when come PSK!
Fri, 10 Apr 2015, 08:40
Steve Elliott
Spinal it now has a quadcore processor so is much faster - 6 times. And I've never had graphics tearing on any Pi...Maybe yours was faulty.

PSK is the password you were given by your ISP Hotshot

-=-=-
Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.2GHZ 8Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2Gb, Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Fri, 10 Apr 2015, 09:03
Hotshot
Thanks Steve

I enter the passwords and then connected it. It seem taking long time to go through. It should connected instantly!

It seem to me that I must have poor WI FI USB that I bought from the supermarket!

It say

Could not get status from WPA_Supplicant

what does this mean?
Fri, 10 Apr 2015, 09:18
Steve Elliott
No probs.

Yes, initially it takes a while to do a scan. But once it's set up (leave it work away) and you have saved the settings, it connects instantly next time.

Bad connection?? Try again.

I bought this one and no problems.

Linkage

-=-=-
Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.2GHZ 8Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2Gb, Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Fri, 10 Apr 2015, 10:20
Hotshot
Hey Steve,

I got the same as your WI FI USB but the problem is keep saying Scanning when I connected the internet!

I already put SSH Enabled during the boot up by the way.

I have to get T-LINK USB WI FI from Maplin tomorrow as connected the internet is pain in the ass as I got 2 WI FI USB same as your. One work(but couldnt connected internet as keep saying scanning! yawnn...pass the cup please lol) and other one doesnt(it work on desktop lol)
Fri, 10 Apr 2015, 13:03
Steve Elliott
If it still says scanning - then it hasn't finished! Let it complete it's scan. If you have entered the PSK and saved those settings, then next time it will connect without scanning. I set it up once, now everytime I go online it simply works.

-=-=-
Sat, 11 Apr 2015, 12:39
Hotshot
T-LINK USB WI FI? One words - CRAP!

Next! I will try get the links you gave me and now I have bought it to save my frustrations on bloody network!
Sun, 12 Apr 2015, 03:13
Steve Elliott
lol, should have listened to Steve

Something to note from that link:

Although we are confident that our WIFI adapters will work with all Raspberry Pi operating systems, we recommend

The latest Raspbian Wheezy Operating system

-=-=-
Wed, 15 Apr 2015, 04:54
Hotshot
Is there CD Drive for Raspberry PI 2?
Wed, 15 Apr 2015, 05:03
Jayenkai
I imagine any usb drive would work.. *shrugs*
Wed, 15 Apr 2015, 07:45
Krakatomato
I have a USB caddy which takes slimline CD/DVD drives from laptops and converts them to USB. Had a DVD drive in there for yonks and that worked first time with the Pi.

Note: You will need to connect the drive to a powered USB hub rather than the Pi.

Then you just need to determine which device it's picked up as and run a mount command. Although, if you're using the X environment then it should be picked up automagically in the file explorer.

But, as with everything Pi related: YMMV

//Andy
Wed, 15 Apr 2015, 08:12
Jayenkai
YMMV?!
Yellow Magenta Mauve Violet?
What an odd pie...!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 15 Apr 2015, 11:09
Krakatomato
Hahahahahaha! Oh wow - that cheered me up no end!

Thanks Jay

//Andy
Wed, 15 Apr 2015, 11:42
rockford
The "V" stands for vanilla, not violet, Jay.
Mon, 20 Apr 2015, 06:54
Hotshot
Should those CD Drive work on Raspberry pi 2?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SATA-to-USB-2-0-External-Case-Cover-Caddy-For-Laptop-CD-DVD-RW-Rom-Combo-Drive-/301292653790?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4626710cde
Mon, 20 Apr 2015, 07:42
rockford
You do realise that's just a caddy and not the CD drive itself...

You will need an optical drive to put into that. You'd be better off getting an external drive like this - HERE

Be aware that these external drives are not USB powered - they use an external power supply. The one above only burns CDs, not DVDs.
Mon, 27 Apr 2015, 09:48
Hotshot
I got Raspberry pi 2 up and running. surfing the internet is slow

It doesnt have Flash as far as I am aware of.
There is no Paint program

Atari Emulator is great. It would be nice to have Amiga Emulator too but not sure about the speed of it.

Python? I am amazed that it had pygame installed already meaning you dont have mess about installing the pygame! Nice one!

Does it replace the desktop pc? Not yet...maybe Raspberry pi 4 should be able to do it one day
Tue, 28 Apr 2015, 07:36
Hotshot
Just let you know that 8GB isnt enough and I am going get 32GB Mirco SD Card soon...
Tue, 28 Apr 2015, 08:37
Hotshot
I having Weird Day because one mins my raspberry pi 2 work but I think it is do with Doggy HDMI as it was working early on!

*** shaking head ***