-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|461|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> On Topic -> An interesting (Apple) watch.

Mon, 13 Apr 2015, 09:40
Steve Elliott
Linkage

-=-=-
Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.2GHZ 8Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2Gb, Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Mon, 13 Apr 2015, 16:57
steve_ancell
Fucking hell, Jobs really did blow.
Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 00:01
Afr0
Boy, Steve is a talker!
My cousin's ex was on a presentation with him in Bergen this autumn... I can see why people would pay money to see him. Fantastic carisma!

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Project Dollhouse on Github - Please fork!
Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 03:34
Steve Elliott
Yeah Steve - seems he ripped off his mate for a start!

Haha yeah he sure can AfrO.

-=-=-
Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.2GHZ 8Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2Gb, Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 03:40
steve_ancell
Apple should allow PC users to develop for iOS now that Blow Jobs isn't around to throw his toys out of the pram.
Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 06:28
cyangames
They should and they could, but you can bet safely that they wouldn't.

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 07:39
rockford
Apple should allow PC users to develop for iOS

Apple are perfectly happy with the situation exactly as it is now. Nobody would then buy a Mac if they could develop iOS apps using Windows.
Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 07:40
cyangames
Exactly
Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 12:31
steve_ancell
What really fucks me off is how Bill Gates gets clobbered for "allegedly" creating a monopoly back in Y2K, yet Apple is still quite openly trying to crush every other mobile and PC plaform without getting any lawsuits.
Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 16:20
Steve Elliott
Totally agree. Hate them.
Tue, 14 Apr 2015, 19:09
rockford
I spent two years as a licenced iOS dev and I hated it from the start.

I don't hate Apple products, but I do hate Appple as a producer and as a company.

Far from welcoming devs they force them to purchase a licence, make them jump through an ever-increasing number of hoops and compile on a development system that is completely broken and user-unfriendly, then ensure they have certifications. WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ALL ABOUT??? If I'm a licemnced dev then use my licence as certification.

Then the portal to get the games onto the store is crap beyond belief and having to use Apple hardware (and OSX - shudder)to compile your software before you get to any of the other shit (yeah, hardware that may or may not be compatible with XCode next year). FUCK THE FUCK OFF!
Wed, 15 Apr 2015, 03:20
cyangames
I'm wandering about renewing it for the next year myself also, I've not earned much money on iOS at all compared to android stuff. Might port some games onto Fire TV Stick in the next couple of days, see how that goes.

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Wed, 15 Apr 2015, 05:08
Jayenkai
I've not released a game on iOS in over a year, nor have I even bothered to turn on the MacMini.

I dread to think what number of installs, updates and other bollocks I need to do, just to get a fuckton of compiler error messages, and complaints about missing certificates, licenses and other such shite.
*shudder*

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 15 Apr 2015, 06:20
rockford
Yep. Making devs jump through hoops. And making them pay for the privilige to do so. That's Apple. Bless
Wed, 15 Apr 2015, 08:07
steve_ancell
Jayenkai I dread to think what number of installs, updates and other bollocks I need to do

That's what's putting me off from getting a Mac.
Wed, 15 Apr 2015, 08:14
Jayenkai
To be fair, if you keep it running, it tends to do a lot of the updates and things itself. A lot like iOS.
It's just when you've been rearranging your bedroom for about 12 months, and haven't bothered to plug it in, in all that time!!

A windows pc would be just as fucked up!!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 15 Apr 2015, 09:57
Steve Elliott

Yep. Making devs jump through hoops. And making them pay for the privilige to do so. That's Apple. Bless

Why do people bother?!! Even if you do all that, they screw up your program with constant updates that break your app! Who's doing who a favour here? No software = a very expensive paper weight!

-=-=-
Wed, 15 Apr 2015, 10:18
Jayenkai
I've made a total of about £2,000 from .. Um.. Pretty much SpikeDislike!!!

Compare that to the £23.64 that Google are still holding at ransom because I've not filled in all my tax info, coupled with the fact that they've removed all my apps from GooglePlay because I "stupidly" decided I didn't want my home address plastered all over the internet, and I'd say ... Yeah, much better on iOS!!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''