-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|457|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> New TV?

Thu, 16 Apr 2015, 05:46
Hotshot
I am looking round for new TV and I dont see the point of getting 4K TV when PS 4 couldnt do 4K Gaming because their console isnt powerful to do that.

Maybe PS 5 be able do 4K Gaming when you have 4K TV would be good idea.

Mate of mine was saying PS 4 going upscale on 4K TV when come gaming and do you really think PS 4 will do 4K Gaming!? I dont think it possible.

So I look at two FULL TV which are Samsung or LG in good price but cant decide which one

Samsung

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2266206.htm

LG

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2053763.htm
Thu, 16 Apr 2015, 05:58
Jayenkai
Tips
1. The make no longer matters. The manufacturer will only make a difference if you ONLY use the inbuilt functionality. Most TVs post LCD tend to function pretty much the same.
The "smart TV" function is pretty much the only difference, and if you're like me, you'll already have a mutlitude of devices connected to the TV, so any onboard stuff is pretty much negligible.

2. Having said that, be sure the inbuilt freeview is indeed Freeview HD. Ours is only freeview SD, which is, quite frankly, rather silly given that everything else is so damn crisp and clear!!

But otherwise, just look at the number of ports, and whether you can hook everything up.

And you're right about 4K. There isn't ANYTHING that needs it, yet! No point.. No point whatsoever!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 16 Apr 2015, 06:40
Hotshot
My mate got 4k Samsung TV when he pay £5 grand(if he want to upgrade in the future then he just upgrade the box) because it is was futureproof *** eyes roll up *** He is movies buff where I am not!
Thu, 16 Apr 2015, 09:19
spinal
Currently I see not point in 4k. For one, 1080 is more than enough lines for TV viewing and the fact that I don't think I've seen a game where the distance blurring is to a good standard, the move for video games to 4k is just plain stupid and is no doubt the only thing any of the manufacturers have left to fight over.

|edit|

The only thing I will mention, is make sure the one you choose has a 'game mode'. Most TVs these days tend add some sort of motion blur or have blurry upscaling. Don't get me wrong, but when TVs are designed to play games on just as much watching movies, then simply putting the image straight onto the screen instead of taking a few frames to 'blur' it onto the screen is just plain stupid.

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Thu, 16 Apr 2015, 09:30
Hotshot
Thanks for the tips jay.

Good to know there spinal.

I used have samsung tv 32 inches but I gave it to my parents.
I do know LG, Sony and Samsung make good TV

I hoping to get New TV This week and it would be great seeing Driveclub PS 4 on it
Thu, 16 Apr 2015, 10:28
Hotshot
What type of TV is good for gaming? Led or OLED TV?
Thu, 16 Apr 2015, 12:56
spinal
I've only used LED, but I hear LED vs OLED is about the same argument as LED vs plasma. OLED are generally better with a couple of exceptions, at high brightness OLEDs take longer to dim, so the brighter your picture, the lower your refresh rate. OLED currently don't last as long.
I think LED would be better for gaming, but don't quote me on that.

In fact, do quote me on that. It seems that OLED suffers from the same image burn as plasma also. So unless you want a nice health meter burned onto the corner of your screen, I'd stick with normal LED.

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Thu, 16 Apr 2015, 14:29
rockford
LED has screen burn-in too, so that's a non-issue.

OLED gives a much truer picture than LED - the blacks are true black as they ar not lit.

Have a look at the difference between a Wiz (OLED) and a GP2X/Caanoo (LED) or the old Vita (OLED) and new Vita (LED) - the OLED one wins everytime. They are also cheaper to run as they use less electricty. Motion blur is near non-existant due to higher refresh rates and is therefore much, much better than LED - and definitely BETTER for gaming.

I'm not sure about the brighter screen dimming argument either...

BUUUUUUUT!!! As Spinal says, OLED tvs don't last as long as LED - The "O" stands for organic and the pixels do "die" over time, but they don't die consistantly - blue dies first, then the other colours, meaning that image colours will start to look odd. But this will take years; 5+ - long enough to wait for 4K tvs to come down in price etc.

If you have the choice between two similar tvs at simlar prices with similar specs and one is OLED and the other LED I'd go for the OLED.

At the end of the day though it's your money and your choice.
Fri, 17 Apr 2015, 15:19
Hotshot
I have checked OLED and they are very expensive. I would go for LED and not sure if I want 4k even thought I heard Sony might put 4K for ps 4 if Your tv have HDMI 2.0(which is the latest one)

Maximum I would pay for TV would be £400 to £700
Tue, 02 Jun 2015, 06:50
Hotshot
Do you this is ok for PS 3/PS 4 Gaming?

It is sharp TV 42 inches

LED TV Screen.
Full HD (1080p) display resolution.
Screen size: 40 inches
Motion rate 300Hz.
Response time 8 milliseconds.
Viewing angle 178/178 degrees.
Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels.

The only things I care about is Response time....the lower is the better for action gaming otherwise you going get blur or ghosting on screen that you dont want.

Not sure about the Motion rate as it seem so high and does mean it wouldnt be good for gaming?
Tue, 02 Jun 2015, 07:01
Jayenkai
For a 42" TV, I'd assume it's going to last about 5 years or so. That's what I'd call a "substantial" TV.
As such, although there's nothing that really does 4K just yet, it might still be a good idea to look into the prices of 4K screens.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 02 Jun 2015, 07:08
Hotshot

For a 42" TV, I'd assume it's going to last about 5 years or so.

That correct hence why I went for FULL HD instead of 4K(dont see the point of buying it)
Tue, 02 Jun 2015, 07:16
Jayenkai
Aren't Sony supposedly working on increasing the PS4 to do 4K, though.
It'd be a shame to have just bought a nice new "big telly", and then have a console that outperforms it...

Hmm.. Maybe not, though..
The PS4 will be enabled for 4K resolution for videos, the interface, and movies through Hulu or Netflix, but it will not have the capability to display games in 4K.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''