-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|695|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> In-Development -> Finishing off things, who'd have thought!

Mon, 29 Jun 2015, 16:05
cyangames
Just finishing off They are Everywhere currently.

After getting some other games finished off, this one really needs to be given a decent release and I've spent tonight playing through and finding and fixing bugs.

There's not that much left to code it would seem, there`s the final ending screen, which needs the high score box on there, with your final score displayed also. I`ve found and removed a major bug with one of the bosses tonight, so, not much left to go, aside from promotion, oh gosh, promotion.

I also need to add the hidden warp items into the game, yes, there are hidden warps, good luck finding them!

Also, I need to change the creations bit to games on here and err. the year of release, hehe whoops!

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Mon, 29 Jun 2015, 16:29
Jayenkai
Awesome!
Can't wait.
Tue, 30 Jun 2015, 07:58
rockford
Cool beans

Finishing things is good. You don't feel guilty about starting something new then.
Tue, 30 Jun 2015, 08:03
cyangames
Ayue, I'll be very glad once this one is done and released

-=-=-
Tue, 30 Jun 2015, 09:06
rockford
I have a similr arse-ache product I've been working on for the last couple of years. It's near done now. It's not a game and it's been challenging, but it's oh sooooo fucking boring.
Tue, 30 Jun 2015, 09:33
cyangames
Oh noes, hopefully you'll still get a good feeling, no, not that sort of one! Once the products all complete

-=-=-
Tue, 30 Jun 2015, 10:01
rockford
It's an app that I wanted to do, but lack of time and other things got in the way. It really should have been something done and dusted in a week or two, but shit happened and I didn't have the strongest motivation to return to it full time. I've been doing little bits on and off when I've had time, but now it's practically done.

It's really not hate against the project, but I haven't coded a game since November (the Advent puzzler). Time really has been against me for the last couple of years.

But anyway, really pleased that your game is finally near-finished - it was fun back when I first tried it.
Fri, 03 Jul 2015, 17:56
cyangames
So, tonight I finally beat my own game, woo, yay hoopla, it is actually beatable! Problem is, a full game, start to completion is between 20 to 25 minutes depending on item drops, skill and luck.

Which is fine for PC, etc but I dunno if that's okay for mobile, what do you think?

Frustratingly, yet also, welcomingly I noticed some code in the menus for 2 minute and 5 minute "CARAVAN" modes (do a quick look-up for Soldier Blade to get an idea)

Essentially quick 2 minute and 5 minute modes, with set patterns, culminating in a race against time to beat one or two bosses.

(1 in 2 minute mode, 2 in 5 minute mode)

-=-=-
Sun, 05 Jul 2015, 15:30
cyangames
Okay, getting there with the new modes, accidentally added easy mode of each version, so I guess that's happening now!

Mostly just GUI work so far, but that's all gotta be working smoothly eh.

Storyboarding the levels currently, need to code in some way to make it so if a player destroys a wave of enemies with speed, they can proceed onto the next wave with less delay.

-=-=-
Mon, 06 Jul 2015, 02:26
Jayenkai
For mobile gaming, I've found that splitting up the game into specifically selectable levels is usually the best way to go.
As long as there's a specific "stopping" point, then the player gets to judge whether they should play another level, or stop in case the bus turns up...

Kettle timing is also good for getting your game levels on target. Start the kettle, then see if you can complete a level before the water's too cold to make a decent brew.
Too short, no matter, you can wait for the kettle to finish.
Too long, though, and that brew's going to be nasty!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 06 Jul 2015, 03:10
cyangames
Ohh, I hadn't thought about using kettle timing before, good idea!

That's available in the practice mode, every level is going to be available to practice from the off, they normally last between 1-2 minutes depending, so that's okay.

I could add save/load features into the game for the long play mode although I really don't want to have people starting the arcade mode from a set place multiple times. I could just delete the old save once they re-load I guess? Hmmm it is going to be a lot of work to set that up mind, we'll see.

-=-=-
Wed, 15 Jul 2015, 16:49
cyangames
Aaand then the last week and a half happened and I haven't got any game coding done Shambles.

Still, enjoying the new job, just annoying that I still have to tie up the loose ends with the previous business, it's changed 4 days a week into 6, not for much longer though, hopefully!

Sped up their website by a flip ton in the last 2 and a bit weeks I've been there, implemented dynamic caching, predictive search catering for typos and a whole other bunch of stuff to make things easier. All of this was stuff I wanted to do with my own sites but just couldn't implement fully whilst being harranged by phone calls all the flipping time.

Damn I love not having a work phone

-=-=-
Sun, 26 Jul 2015, 15:23
cyangames
Grraarrghhh! Got the high score boards for the 4 new modes set-up last night, and got the 2 minute mode working with some more intense action, ending with a race against time to face off against the boss for many bonus points!

Also, the combo bonus system for destroying enemies quickly in succession is now in place, so that's all good!

Finally, a productive weekends worth of coding, feels good yo!

-=-=-