-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|697|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> ''Cholesterol...''

Tue, 07 Jul 2015, 04:40
Jayenkai
Last week I got my bloods taken, at home, because I'm mostly housebound.

Today I had to go strolling down to the doctors for a two minute chat where he said "you have high cholesterol, we need to do more tests"
I now have two more appointments down there, Thursday for more bloods, next Tuesday for another 2 minute chat, and then they'll probably stick me on stupid pills or something to battle the "shockingly high" cholesterol...
FFS...
I'm completely off butter, due to taste bud changes. We switched to a Tefal Actifry, and I barely ever eat anything too fatty.
They can fuck off if they think I'm going to change my diet, to reduce the fuck all that I already eat...

God damnit...

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 07 Jul 2015, 05:37
Afr0
Keep off chocolate, and replace bread with crispbread.
That'll do it, I reckon.

-=-=-
Afr0 Games

Project Dollhouse on Github - Please fork!
Tue, 07 Jul 2015, 05:57
steve_ancell
My cholesterol is way up, HDL is 0.9 and LDL is 3.9. Been told to have foods that contain mainly monosaturates and polyunsaturates, and plenty of oily fish. I need to have a HBA1C check to see how well my diabetes is being managed soon, if my LDL cholesterol is still too high then I've been told I may need to go on Simvastatin.

I was told at the diabetes education event that LDL needs to be below 2.0 and HDL needs to be above 1.3. HDL is the one that gunks-up the arteries, HDL is the one that lubes them up in order to keep them clear.
Tue, 07 Jul 2015, 06:05
steve_ancell
Lowering fat intake helps and grapefruit juice is also supposed to produce more simvastatin in the body.

|edit| Assuming you like grapfruit juice. I can't stand the stuff myself, the stink reminds me of BO and sweaty armpits. |edit|
Tue, 07 Jul 2015, 06:39
Jayenkai
Chocolate isn't part of my diet. Gives me migraines. It's a rare treat.
Similarly, my post-surgery tastebuds have ruled out butter, and because of that I rarely eat anything bready, so that's not the cause either.

We recently bought a Tefal Actifry, and have had a George Foreman grill for a good few years, so our burgers are grilled to reduce the fat, and even our chips only ever use a teaspoon of oil to cook in.

I'm not a big fan of fruit and veg, but I expect that'll be the main point, and they'll probably whinge about my intake of noodles!! I'm also not a breakfast eater, either, so they'll probably whinge about that, too..
Not really a lot else I can do, food wise.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 07 Jul 2015, 08:13
steve_ancell
Jayenkai Not really a lot else I can do, food wise

Same here!. Most of the stuff in the supermarkets contain hydroginated fats, I've been told to try avoiding stuff with that in.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Super Noodles have hydroginated fat as far as I know.
Tue, 07 Jul 2015, 08:56
Jayenkai
If I was waking up at 6/7 am, then I'd happily eat a breakfast, but since I dont normally get up until about 10, it doesn't really fit into my schedule.
By the time I'm in an eating mood, it's already dinner time.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 07 Jul 2015, 11:12
Dabz
In recent studies it has been shown if you eat nowt but grass like a moo cow your cholesterol levels will nose dive!!!

Get on it!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Tue, 07 Jul 2015, 11:17
Jayenkai
Nom nom nom!