-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|470|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Car Troubles

Mon, 27 Jul 2015, 06:37
steve_ancell
I used to do most of my own car repairs until health related stuff fucked me up. I still do small bits, like timing belts and stuff, but anything else gets done by my mates.
Mon, 27 Jul 2015, 08:18
steve_ancell
I know what you mean, the novelty of getting greasy wares off once we're in our mid to late 20s.
Mon, 27 Jul 2015, 09:47
Dabz
The only thing I know about cars is how to drive them... Badly!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Mon, 27 Jul 2015, 11:00
Jayenkai
More than me!

I hope your "back box" is ..um .. Repaired, or something?

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 27 Jul 2015, 11:56
steve_ancell
Good thing about owning a Diesel, the back box lasts flippin' ages. My dad owned the Astra for about 8 years, I've owned that same car for the last five after he gave up driving it, only ever had to change the back box once. It was rotten as hell but not too bad for a 12 year old exhaust at the time, the rest of the exhaust system is still in pretty good nick.
Mon, 27 Jul 2015, 15:27
Jayenkai
All that in just 3 years!? Geeze, that must've cost a bloody fortune to keep going...

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 27 Jul 2015, 15:27
steve_ancell
Is that a Peugeot by any chance? LOL
Mon, 27 Jul 2015, 16:25
therevillsgames
Dave is that the new car you bought a few years back or an old banger????
Mon, 27 Jul 2015, 17:19
steve_ancell
A mate of mine has the same Mondeo as you, he's been lucky so far in the 7 years or so that he's owned it.
Mon, 27 Jul 2015, 17:23
steve_ancell
I've only ever owned a few Fords. I've mainly had Vauxhalls and Renaults. Had a Citroen ZX once, nice to drive until chavs smashed it up one night. Had one Peugeot 1.9 litre 405 Automatic, worse car I ever owned although it went like stink when I wasn't having starting problems. The Peugeot disappeared one night and was found on the South Downs completely burned out.

|edit| I vowed to never own an automatic after the Peugeot, the only way I would have one now is if I ever lose a leg. Although I do know how to pull away and change gear without use of the clutch on a stick-shift vehicle |edit|