-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|677|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Power adapters!

Thu, 01 Oct 2015, 02:02
spinal
Grrrr, why are UK power adapters as ugly and clumsy as this

When travel adapters are so much better?

I can't understand it! I really can't.

Why the hell can't someone make a UK power adapter the same style as those EU adapters?!

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Thu, 01 Oct 2015, 03:17
steve_ancell
My sister has a few of those 4-way adapters.
Thu, 01 Oct 2015, 03:26
steve_ancell
I just make do with this myself, also got a couple of 4-way leads nearby with stuff plugged in.

Thu, 01 Oct 2015, 04:31
steve_ancell
Can't remember how much I paid for that, got it from B&Q.
---
I've never seen the standy-uppy version, I know mine can be screwed to a wall though.
Thu, 01 Oct 2015, 05:35
Jayenkai
I was once told (By a fireman, who was going through the shop whinging about all the electrical things behind the counter!!!) that power strips are infinitely safer than the block-type adaptors.
Not sure why that is, but I've kept it in mind ever since.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 01 Oct 2015, 07:30
rockford
I have one just like that too GfK - it's got tv, Blu Ray player, Mac, PS4, PS3, XBox360, SKY, Wii, WiiU and MediaPlayer sockets
Thu, 01 Oct 2015, 10:28
steve_ancell
As long as you don't exceed more than the current rating of the mains wiring and the cables attached to it, it should be quite safe.
Thu, 01 Oct 2015, 13:20
spinal
GFK - Nope, I have one of those myself. I want a one where the plug is in the body of the adapter, not sticking out of the top.

Jay - Probably because of the stress on the wall socket.

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Thu, 01 Oct 2015, 16:08
therevillsgames
Ah the UK plugs... I remember them well.

Over here in Oz we have a smaller plug (no fuse inside) which looks a bit like the Scream mask.

Thu, 01 Oct 2015, 21:45
Dabz
I always smile at American ones...

They are proper "huh?"

They look like the cloud from super Mario too!

UK sockets and plugs are man ones... They have that "I'm doing shit" clunk noise when you put them in!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit