-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|592|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> BBC Three : Going Online

Thu, 26 Nov 2015, 05:11
steve_ancell
The BBC have the cheek to justify the high-cost TV licence and then take BBC Three off air and move it to the internet. What about all those old biddies that don't have internet then! Linkage
Thu, 26 Nov 2015, 05:11
Jayenkai
The old biddies don't want to watch the mindless crap that's on BBC Three. Frankly, neither do I! The types of people that DO watch BBC Three are exactly the sort who know how to get the stuff online. I see absolutely no issue with this change.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 26 Nov 2015, 05:20
steve_ancell
My dad used to watch BBC Three, he didn't know the internet from his arsehole.
Thu, 26 Nov 2015, 05:51
Jayenkai
Most of the old 3 "regular programming" content will be shifting to either 1 or 2. There'll be bonus 3 stuff on iPlayer, just as there's currently RadioOne programming on iPlayer.
.. Nobody seems to talk about the fact that Radio1s more or less been a TV channel for the past year or so, but there it is, posting practically daily videos to iPlayer. Live performances, chats with artists.. All available on a none-existent TV channel.
3 will exist like that.

It's 2015, times they are a-changing, and the governments doing everything they can to fuck up our BBC.
I'm confident that in the next couple of years, more people will be watching "BBC three" branded content than currently are.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 26 Nov 2015, 06:07
Dabz
The money saved from the closure of BBC3 will be used for BBC One Drama... ... Mint!

I dont watch much BBC, now, its only when I'm in hers and she has the soaps on, dont tell the bride etc etc...

They are literally carving the very best bits out of their whole set up... Total Wipeout... Gone, Top Gear, no more as we knew it, sport... fucking joking arent you, closest the BBC can get to decent sporting coverage is the annual cheese fucking rolling contest, and thats cos its on the news bit.

As I can see it, BBC3 was the best channel they had, some of the stuff on there I didnt mind at all, so they are taking it off, to throw the money at "drama"... Jesus, what next... "We're scrapping BBC Radio 1 and using the money on that to fund extra episodes of the fucking Archers on BBC Radio 4", oh wait, I wouldnt mind them doing that because Radio One is a pile of SELF CENTRED SHITE AS WELL!!!!

BBC, they make my teeth boil!

And Eastenders... OMG... How bastard soul destroying is that thing, it's getting worse, I'm not a soap guy, but have to contend with it when at the other halfs, but fucking hell, even ITV doesnt escape my torrent on the soap front... Corrie, fucking corrie... Super driver whats his name being blackmailed into driving for some slimey git... Litrally, this storyline has been dragging on for weeks right, and I've only seen this fella in a car once, revving the engine... GOD HES SO MINT!!! And why does he feel obliged to be blackmailed, why doesnt he just tell his sister that the prick has photos of her nude and is going to publish them if he doesnt sit in a car and rev the engine... Her stupid fucking fault for being a tart and getting hooked up with a knob head.

Then there's simon, little "Hard as" afro hitler, how does his mam decide the best course of action is... Stick him in with the barlows... Yes, stick him under a roof that's 66% arrogent-would-never-get-away-with-their-shite-in-real-life bollocks... Wise move!!! And Ken Barlow, telling that young lass about violins, complete expert is ken, baring in mind ive never seen him playing a violin in my bastard life!

Emmerdale.... Oh Emmerdale, the jack sudgden brothers... What the hells that about, which one is it that constantly gets booted black and blue on every episode? You'd just get sick of being peppered in black eyes wouldnt you... Both of them should just do the whole world a favour and just FUCK OFF!!!!

I could go on....

Arseholes

Dabz

/rant

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Thu, 26 Nov 2015, 06:13
Jayenkai
Lack of sport isn't BBCs fault, though. That's entirely a price issue. There's no WAY BBC could justify paying bazillions for football, cricket, boxing, golf, tennis or otherwise.
It used to be that the big "UK" sport events would do the BBC a fair price, but they've all got damn greedy, and have fucked off to Sky/ITV/Channel 4.

Greedy bastards!!

It costs more and more to make good content, and if the government aren't happy to let the license fee go up, then this is all they can do.
Sucks, but that's the way it is.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 26 Nov 2015, 06:59
steve_ancell
Dabz And Ken Barlow, telling that young lass about violins, complete expert is ken, baring in mind ive never seen him playing a violin in my bastard life!

I think Ken Barlow looks rather like The Hooded Claw from Penelope Pitstop.
Thu, 26 Nov 2015, 13:54
cyangames
Looks like they're axing most of their Formula 1 content also for next year, that's pretty much the only bit of TV I watch nowadays.

I'm not really interested in paying for a license fee which isn't getting used over here to be honest. Even my lil boy prefers youtube / netflix.

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!