-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|705|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> A+E stuff

Thu, 26 Nov 2015, 17:00
steve_ancell
Just spent the last 7 or so hours up Accident and Emergency. Was having bad chest pains and shallow breathing again, and was near to passing out.

After shitloads of tests they said my jam tart was fine other than what's already wrong with it, they reckon it was a massive anxiety attack just like what's happened loads of times before.

This anxiety and depression thing really is getting beyond the fucking joke!
---
And now I have to sit here and peel off shitloads of ECG stickers, the fucking things are everywhere.
Thu, 26 Nov 2015, 21:25
rockford
Shit dude

Any idea what brought this aniety attack on? Have you consulted your GP about getting medication or some sort of dealing with anxiety therapy?

Hope that this is just a short term thing.
Fri, 27 Nov 2015, 03:02
Jayenkai
Sucks to have a "mystery" thing happen. It's like trying to find that one illusive bug in your game.. You know it's there, but nobody's sure how to fix it.

No doubt you're now getting bombarded with unrealistic suggestions from the docs, like taking things easy, and meditation,and that kinda crap.
We each deal with things in our own way, and there's no quick fix. Learning to deal with things is all part of the great big fun-ride of life..

I hope you can find a way to deal with these things, especially with the heart issues complicating things.
Take things easy.. Meditate

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 27 Nov 2015, 04:15
steve_ancell
I've been taking meds for anxiety and depression for quite a while.

I was doing some coding, started feeling a bit breathless with a lot of shooting chest pain, that then went into some sort of apeshit hypoventilation.
Fri, 27 Nov 2015, 05:13
Jayenkai
Geeze, that's not what you need.
No coding for you!!!

D'you get enough exercise? I know I don't, that's why I had to get that treadmill. Takes up a stupid amount of space in the dining room, but.. meh, what can you do!?

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 27 Nov 2015, 09:37
steve_ancell
Yeah, I use an excersise bike, some time I go for walks.

I used to take Citalipram, it did nothing for me just like Prozac and a few others I tried didn't either.

For the past few years I've been taking Pregabalin which was prescribed by my GP, and Quetiapine which was prescribed by a psychartrist.

The two I'm taking at the moment do sort of work, but I don't think there's anything that could cure it completely. I don't want to wind up on Temazepam or Diazepam either, thoses kind of drugs are bad news.
Fri, 27 Nov 2015, 11:49
steve_ancell
I was on 20mg of Citalopram as far as I remember. They also tried me on Trazodone, Propranolol and Risperidone. I might as well be guzzling Smarties, none did a thing for me.

The way I see it, if a drug does nothing for me then why risk copping the side effects.

Has Citalopram done you any justice Dave?, I was told it works on some but not all people.
Sun, 29 Nov 2015, 08:33
steve_ancell
There's also another one they tried me on, Fluoxetine, which is also about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Sun, 29 Nov 2015, 10:29
steve_ancell
GfK trying to insert a baseball bat into my neighbour

That sounds a bit uncomfortable.