-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|682|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> AGameAWeek's Wordpress Tweakage

Mon, 30 Nov 2015, 08:20
Jayenkai
Eeeuw, Crossposting forum posts over to my blog, with Copy+Paste.. Eeeeuwww!!! I'm getting lazy in my old age!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 30 Nov 2015, 08:20
Jayenkai
Just been adding minimal BBCode to AGameAWeek.com's Wordpress installation. Should help in future Copy+Paste events.

I'm now crossposting the monthly Arcade Block posts over to there, so I needed a way to handle all the [h1]'s, [flickr]'s and other things, without having to go through and edit the bloomin' things myself.

Spoiler blocks are removed because.. um.. no idea how to do those with single-line tweaks!

I've used This Text Replacer to handle most of it, so I can't do anything fancy like URL BBCode, just the basics. But if there's anything complicated, I can replace it myself.

Quite happy with how the text replacer works, and should be easier moving ahead, to simply repost content over to AGameAWeek.

*phew*

Next up, reposting new posts to Twitter, Facebook, et all. Can I manage that?! *shrugs*

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 30 Nov 2015, 09:54
Jayenkai
"I know what'd be nice", I said to myself 2 hours ago, "I'll set up the thing to post to Twitter and Facebook, via the AGameAWeek accounts!"

2 hours later, and .. fuck that shit!!

Can't get AGameAWeek Twitter to link to AGameAWeek Facebook Page, because Jayenkai Twitter is "already" linked to Jayenkai Facebook account.
Can't get AGameAWeek Facebook Page to link to AGameAWeek Twitter, because .. Pages don't do that.
Can't get Wordpress to post to Facebook because... FUCK ME, Have you seen that shit!? Talk about over-complicating things!
Can't get Wordpress to post to Twitter because Twitter's Wordpress app seems to want a higher php version than the server has, and can I find a "Update PHP" button? Can I banana!!!!

Bollocks..

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 30 Nov 2015, 10:14
Jayenkai
Ugh.. Got Facebook and Twitter linked, finally.

How to link a Facebook Page and a Twitter Account

Next, log into the right twitter account.

Then visit https://facebook.com/twitter

Facebook will ask you to switch to yourself, but importantly, IT WILL REMEMBER that you're trying to do this as the page, not as yourself.

On the next screen, you should find that it's unchecked "You", but has selected the crossposting of posts and things from the Page that you're trying to link.

Should be easy enough from there.

Note 1 : This post was made on 30/Nov/2015. It'll probably not work that way, tomorrow! Bloody Facebook and Twitter, changing things every other damn day!!

Note 2 : This is only Facebook -> Twitter. It won't go the other way.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''