-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|451|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Tilemap Replacement

Fri, 20 May 2016, 04:14
spinal
Anyone know if there's such a tool that would take a bitmap image and best fit it to an existing tile set, rather than creating new tiles based off that image?

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Fri, 20 May 2016, 04:14
Jayenkai
Sounds like the sort of tool that'd be quicker to just code in Blitz than try to find something that already does it. Feel free to post the tilemap data and sheet, and I'll give it a whirl.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 20 May 2016, 04:30
spinal

As you can see, 8*8 tiles (c64 font) feel free to B/W the image if needed. To be used on a 40*25 tile map

I'm not sure if colour would be an option, I haven't coded anything to hold a colour map yet, but I might do, it would be the C64 palette though, maybe i byte per two colours, giving two bytes per tile I guess... I'll think about that option.

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Fri, 20 May 2016, 07:40
Jayenkai
.. Right..
I *think* this oughta do what you want it to.
Might need some tweaking though, just to get it perfecct.

Linkage

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 20 May 2016, 07:54
spinal
Excellent work, Jay!