-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|689|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Mystery Milk

Mon, 23 May 2016, 09:41
Jayenkai
Came home from shopping to find a 4-pint milk carton sitting on the doorstep. We can't figure out who left it there! ... Free milk...!??!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 23 May 2016, 09:41
GfK
I'd be careful with that.

I'd imagine you have no intention of drinking it, but I recall years ago something similar happened to a bunch of people, and it contained antifreeze. Reason being "ooo, free milk. I better not drink it, but my cats won't mind".

(you know about cats and antifreeze, right?)

So, potential cat-hater? Seem to recall you have a cat.
Mon, 23 May 2016, 09:48
Jayenkai
Aye, about an hour ago, the lady next door knocked on, and told us it was her.
Apparently they've now got a milkman (!!!!!!!!?) so their fridge is starting to overflow with milk.

.... Doesn't exactly make me want to drink it any more, though..

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 23 May 2016, 09:50
GfK
No... think I'd be giving it a swerve, too.

Might just be good intentions, but I wouldn't chance it over a quid's worth of milk.
Mon, 23 May 2016, 10:25
steve_ancell
Well at least you now know the cat didn't swag it from a neighbour's house.
Mon, 23 May 2016, 11:26
rockford
It woz the da Milc faery wot dun it!

Yeah, I'd give it a quick chug down the plug...
Tue, 24 May 2016, 22:06
Dabz
Eeeeeee I remember the days as a kid camping out, then going "milking" in the early morning, which as you can guess... Was swiping milk from peoples door steps... On occasion... You would spy a bottle of orange juice, the holy grail of milking... 3/4 young'uns sprinting to get at it!

Back in the day, we thought it was harmless... But obviously as you grow up [sorta], you realise, it isnt, someone has to pay for it, and some poor sods never had their cornflakes in the morning...

Like me, when I used the milkman and have my milk swiped by little gits...

Karma!!!!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Wed, 25 May 2016, 00:14
rockford
What I miss about delivered milk is the blue tits pecking through the lid to get at the cream. Jut don't see that nowadays.
Wed, 25 May 2016, 04:46
steve_ancell
Yep!, I too remember the beak holes in milk lids.