-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|485|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> OUYA Finality

Tue, 31 May 2016, 13:58
Jayenkai
OUYA submissions : End date : 13th June....
Tue, 31 May 2016, 13:58
Jayenkai
Apparently they've moved it to June 27th, now..

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 31 May 2016, 21:20
cyangames
Awww
Tue, 31 May 2016, 21:37
cyangames
Noticed they've finally started selling the forge TV thingy over here -->

https://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/store/razer-forge-tv

Does it support the OUYA controllers Jay? I have 4 of the things!

Hmmm, then again...

View on YouTube

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Wed, 01 Jun 2016, 01:16
Jayenkai
The Razer is, as far as I've bothered to power it on, as good if not better than the OUYA.
It can, at the very least, run Real Racing 3 at a decent speed. (See Otakupunk's videos)

It is "Mostly" OUYA Compatible, but the controller code needs fixed, as do a couple of other snags, like how the Razer prefers that you include a Droid-TV sized secondary icon.
Once a game is installed through the "Cortex" menu, it also shows up on the main Razer menu, too, so they've managed to integrate the two rather well.

Capability wise, it's like OUYA*1.5. It's not OUYA2, so don't go in thinking it is.
But it does support proper GooglePlay based Android TV, so you've access to loads more stuff than just the "Previously on OUYA" stuff.

As for the lack of 100% OUYA, that's more down to the fact that 100s of developers threw games onto the original system then naffed off, never to update or fix their games.
All those games are in limbo, until either TeamOUYA can find a way to magically get them running, or until the devs give a shit about their own games.
Either/or..

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 01 Jun 2016, 02:05
cyangames
Hmm, not as bad as that reviewer described it then, might look into grabbing one of these then, thanks dude ;P

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Wed, 01 Jun 2016, 02:08
Jayenkai
Oh, and as for linking controllers. I'm sorry, I've no idea!
I only have one OUYA controller, and it stays permanently attached to my OUYA since it was a fucking bitch to re-attached the last time I tried doing that!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''