-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|554|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> On Topic -> Game Maker and Forge TV/Android TV

Mon, 20 Jun 2016, 19:04
Ninjinister
Forgive me if this is the wrong place... can't figure out where to put it.

Trying to just test my OUYA builds on Forge. Got this:

FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of <Unknown Event>
for object object38:

Incorrect Android target... this executable targets Android TV devices. This build is for Android.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat?

So I do a bit o' digging, and it looks like maybe I need to kick in the OUYA Everywhere extensions? Thought I did that. So I do it. And when I try to build the APK....

Validation failed, exiting
FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.ccsh.chompermanrocessArmeabi-v7aReleaseManifest'.
> Manifest merger failed with multiple errors, see logs

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

-=-=-
https://ccshgames.com
Mon, 20 Jun 2016, 22:05
Jayenkai
Android Dev is SUCH a pain to get going.
Google curated the entire thing to be very hands-off, which in a lot of ways, leads to many great things. In the same way that anyone can make a Wondows game, anyone can also make an Android one.

.. Except Android is more sodding picky than Windows ever was, and it keeps biting your arse along the way, with no real help available.

My devkit currently works, but that won't always be the case.
My general rule. If you get Android working, then DON'T TOUCH ANY SETTINGS, EVER!!

As for your issue, I first assumed it'd be a Manifest.xml issue. Generally that's the first thing that says "android or android TV"
But having looked and compared my Android vs TV manifest files, they're pretty much identical.
So.. I guess it's not that..?
It still might be, though. You never know with Android.
Double check the manifest, check things like the minimum SDK version, and that sort of thing. (Mine's set to SDK 16 as the minimum)

Other than that..
.. Android. Could, quite literally, be anything!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 12:02
Ninjinister
I'll give it a shot. I typically don't dick around with anything so whenever I have an error (always with Android!) it frustrates me.

-=-=-
Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 14:04
rockford
As Jay says, Android development can be a complete pain in the arse to get working, but once it is, it's fine.

I always hated devving for iOS, having to using certification, XCode and their upload crap AND having to buy a Mac AND pay yearly for the privilige! I soon gave that up. At least Android doesn't come with too many strings attached. But yeah, getting it going can be a doozy! I even managed to get OUYA playing ball with IAP (to unlock the full game).

I wish ALL mobile/handheld development was as simple as devving for the Palm/HP Pre and TouchPad family. Compile, upload to HP site and Bingo!

Can't help with GameMaker though - perhaps the dedicated forums can offer some advice.
Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 15:50
Ninjinister
The GameMaker forums have been closed for months for an "upgrade"....

-=-=-
Tue, 21 Jun 2016, 20:27
rockford
I had an email yesterday saying that they are now open. I haven't checked though. I bough and activated the thing but never even installed it.

I don't know what the old addy was but it's now HERE