-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|439|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Red Dwarf 11 and 12

Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 05:46
Jayenkai
Cheerier news of the day : Linkage

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 05:46
spinal
Looks to me like there's no Holly again, so it'll probably be a stinker.

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 05:53
Jayenkai
Nah..
Ten was a LOT better than 8, and 8 had Holly...

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 06:34
spinal
I think you could tell it was too late by 7, 8 was terrible, BTE was possibly the worst thing imaginable and 10 is still in it's wrapper.
I don't have high hopes at all for 11 and 12, but I will watch them and probably buy the DVDs.

-=-=-
Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 07:18
rockford
I enjoyed 10, so looking forward to 11 and 12. It would be nice to see Holly back again though.
Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 08:14
Jayenkai
BTE/9 is one of my favourites, mostly because it really showed off what a sitcom can achieve if it goes the whole hog with CGI and stuff.
Compare the wonderful ship-internal scenes on that, with ...
.. nngh.. That scene in Series 7 with Ace's coffin..

*shudder*

BTE isn't the best in terms of comedy, but as a proper storyline, it works.. And that was what it was going for.
.. I think..
.. .. maybe!

*shrugs*

10 was a return to form, IMO. Memories of 5/6 era in terms of actual comedy.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 24 Jun 2016, 08:31
spinal
I found BTE very slow, as if they took a half hour script and attempted to pad it out to an hour and a half.

-=-=-