-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|459|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Microsoft Gaming -> Jay Gets XBoned...

Page : 1 2 Next
Prev
Sat, 24 Sep 2016, 23:53
Jayenkai
"EGXXBOXONES"
If you head to Amazon, and select the FIFA16-500Gb XBox One S, it's currently the cheapest you can find the XBoneS, at only £224. Linkage.
I was looking at it, yesterday, going "Should I..? Should I...!?!?"
This morning, @Geekanoids posted a voucher code ("EGXXBOXONES") which gives you a further £25 off the price.

.. XBox One S..?
Sub-£200!?

So, um, I guess I'm getting a fucking FIFA game, then.

Note : Voucher Code and Prices accurate at 9am on Sunday 25th Sept 2016. All discount codes break fairly quickly, so if you're interested, do it ASAP!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 25 Sep 2016, 02:12
GfK
Cor, I wish I was on PIP. You dont half get some gadgetz!
Sun, 25 Sep 2016, 02:22
Jayenkai
Yeah, sometimes I feel a bit twatty with all the spending I do.
But then I remember that I'm stuck indoors. I don't drink or smoke. I spend all my time coding.

Mortgage is paid. Prescriptions are free.. All is good.
I basically have smeg all to pay out except essential bills (elec, gas, water and the most important essential, broadband) and then the food on top.. and Mum's paying half of those, too.. so... um.. yeah, it's not so much "gets a shitload" and more "spends fuck all of it."

I'm still on a fairly limited budget, mind. My bank balance is currently the lowest it's been in about 3 years, and that includes the time they took the PIP off me. It's a treat every couple of months, and that keeps me from going crazy, so that's good.

.. not quite sure the bank balance can cope with the upcoming Xmas Insanity, though... eek!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 25 Sep 2016, 03:20
steve_ancell
At first glance I thought the title was "Jay gets boned", I was thinking "lucky bugger!"
Sun, 25 Sep 2016, 03:28
Jayenkai
No..
It doesn't say that...
:/
*keeps coding*

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 25 Sep 2016, 04:11
Pakz
Also the governments do not make it easy to save up a big pile of cash. Benefits to nothing, tax higher.

I already lost a 8ish hundred of euro's a year in local tax refunds option becourse I have to much money in the bank.

You also loose healthcare insurance and rent subsidies if you have even more money in the bank. That's maybe 1500+ euro's a year.

Directing to spending the govement is. No chance I can beat the income level needed to grow my savings to higher levels.

I am currently thinking of getting a ps4++ btw. Next year or so. I like the apps they have. Much better then those media boxes I have seen until now.
Sun, 25 Sep 2016, 05:07
steve_ancell
You do know though Pakz, you still get help if you're on a low wage!
Sun, 25 Sep 2016, 05:20
Pakz
You do end up having less income when you have more money. I am not that good with all the things that are out there though. Apple payed 13 billion less taxes. No idea how a low income person gets the best cards. So much invisible rules and laws ect.

Btw my situation is. It takes me ten years to save 20.000 then 40 years to get to 40.000.
Sun, 25 Sep 2016, 07:01
zzoom
You could always sell the FIFA game on, 'not used', take another tenner of your XBONE.

-=-=-
Happy coding!
Mon, 26 Sep 2016, 06:37
Jayenkai
Switch on!!

Tum-tee-Tum...

*sigh*

Things I've tried, so far..

GTAV looks lovely, although I've barely just gotten through the tutorial guff, so am yet to have a good wander around the map to see all the new high-tech loveliness.

I've also installed Geometry Wars Evolved, Sonic 1 and 2, which were all from my X360's account. They all run in the X360-emulator environment.

Currently waiting for the Forza3 demo to download, along with my "bundled" copy of FIFA17. Which wasn't on a disc, and was only a download code, so I have to download the whole bloomin' thing.

Later on I'll be buying a copy of PacMan Championships 2, because realistically, that was the game that made me go "oh, ffs, now I have to buy an XBone or PS4!!", last week.
But that means giving my card data to Microsoft..
*shudder*

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 26 Sep 2016, 07:52
rockford
You can buy M$ card points from ASDA, Tesco, GAME, AMAZON etc. so you don't have to give your card details to M$.
Mon, 26 Sep 2016, 07:56
Jayenkai

View on YouTube

Well, that at least works!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 26 Sep 2016, 08:07
Jayenkai
And, of course, Rockford.. How could I have forgotten such a simple thing!
Paid Amazon £10 and got a nice code that I popped into the XBox and then grabbed the Pac!

Niiiiice!

Now waiting for it to install..

FUCKSHIT.. 2.25Gb!? That's one fat-bastard PacMan!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 26 Sep 2016, 12:29
zzoom
Must be all the polygons they've used on Jabba Pac-man - 2 and a quarter gigs, incredible.

-=-=-
Happy coding!
Mon, 26 Sep 2016, 13:29
rockford
The original PacMan weighed in at 16KB. Ghosts obviously aren't calorie free and all that sweet, sweet fruit has taken its toll over the years!
Thu, 29 Sep 2016, 04:40
Jayenkai
Spent about an hour playing GTAV this morning.
That's much better than I could manage on the PS3 version, but I'm still feeling very queasy after it!

Hmm. :/

Meanwhile, I've heard rumours that the XBone's super-cheap £224 Amazon price was down to EA, and they're apparently lining up a similar PS4 bargain.
If you're after a PS4, might be worth keeping an eye on the site.

This item doesn't yet have a price.. hmmm...

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 29 Sep 2016, 05:48
rockford
GAME etc were offering an orignal 500MB PS4 and FIFA for 150 squids this morning. Looks like they've all been snapped up now though. They're getting rid of old stock, but that's a total bargain.

Probably get £20 for FIFA on FleaBay, bringing the console down to the cost of a bag of chips and a coke at the Ritz.
Thu, 29 Sep 2016, 07:07
Jayenkai
Jimminies!!

Grab 'em while they're hot!
.. But remember to save some cash for the NX..

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 29 Sep 2016, 07:08
rockford
Doesn't look like the NX is ever coming out...

Fuck me Nintendo, throw the fans a bone!
Thu, 29 Sep 2016, 07:11
Jayenkai
It's supposed to be out by March.. Talk about leaving the announcement until the last minute! Geeze...

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 29 Sep 2016, 07:15
rockford
Supposed to be March. Not guaranteed though, and with absolutely nothing confirmed just yet, it's all a massive load of speculation and rumours. It may even be delayed. We just don't know.

I scour the net daily for scraps of info about the NX.
Thu, 29 Sep 2016, 07:23
Jayenkai
NintendoLife.com is my frequently clicked page.
... most I've clicked onto that site in years!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Thu, 29 Sep 2016, 11:30
rockford
Mine too.
Fri, 14 Oct 2016, 14:48
Jayenkai
I haven't done any coding, today.
Instead, I spent most of the day playing games for a change!!

Findings

Tried the Demo of Dead Rising 3. The Demo of Dead Rising 1 saw you in a shopping mall, with fucktons of zombies. Grab a baseball bat, whack a few heads off, things like that. Fun, enjoyable, and nice and colourful.
The Demo of Dead Rising 3 sees you wandering a dark dank cabin, trying to manufacture a weapon from the things you can find. The controls were horrendous.. Who makes "Attack" the top-most face button?! I mean, seriously, who!?!
It wasn't fun.
It wasn't immediate.
It wasn't the same.
I rage-quit.

Tried out Perfect Dark (originally an N64 game, the sequel to the wonderful Goldeneye 64) from the RARE collection.
(Note : I've now owned this game for about 3 weeks.. Shows how much I play games, anymore!)

Went through the "Building Guide", at the end of which I got left to roam around within the building. There was a gun-range, where I could practice my shooting..
.. Except I couldn't get the gun-range to "activate".. If I talked to the guy, the only option was "(B) Cancel"
I tried a few other rooms in the building, and was met with similar "NO. FUCK OFF!" results.
I gave up trying to get any further.
I rage-quit.

Tried out Perfect Dark Zero, (originally an X360 game) also from the RARE collection. (and also a game I bought 3 weeks ago but haven't got around to playing yet!)

Training mission left me trying to sneak into a mysterious building.
The building had shiny doors which you had to head towards, which was a bloody good job because "Perfect Dark" is indeed a valid name.
The floors were dark. The walls were dark.
I squinted, trying to see what the fucking hell was going on.
I think I might've shot someone, but honestly that could've just been my cat's reflection on the screen.
I rage-quit.

Tried out a Demo of Screamride.
Screamride is a game from Elite-peeps "Frontier", and is roughly a roller coaster game. (remember that Frontier were the developers of RCTycoon3)
Rather than design the coasters, you control the coaster.
Right Trigger for thrust, left+right to tilt and avoid drastic g-forces, Left Trigger for brake.
You can also earn/use boosts for extra "excitement!"
I played it for about 10 minutes, then felt violently sick.
I had to quit before I threw up.
.. But at least I didn't rage-quit.

That last game is a neat enough concept, but I can't see it lasting far beyond "Oooh, a roller coaster"
At least in RCTycoon, you could build them. Here you're just pushing the button to make them go faster, and honestly that's just not as much fun.

I deleted the ScreamRide demo, as well as the Dead Rising 3 demo, and have left the XBone downloading a few more (7/8Gb each!?!) demos.. WRC Rally and the new Doom being the two I'm looking forward to trying out.
I'll probably play them next Friday. I think I'm going to make Friday a play-day. .. Maybe..!

Meanwhile, I also considered picking up Elite Dangerous, but scrolling through the store's list reveals about 6 or 7 different "editions" of the game. Arena Edition, Commander Edition, Horizons Edition, Standard Edition, then a multitude of combinations thereof.
I haven't got a fucking clue what I'm looking at!!

.. Bah, humbug!

Modern gaming!!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sat, 15 Oct 2016, 01:39
Dabz

not quite sure the bank balance can cope with the upcoming Xmas Insanity, though... eek!

Ohhh bloody hell aye... Thats nearly here... They should make Christmas like the World Cup or Olympics, once every four years... You know, give people time to pay debt off because of it!

As the years roll by I am starting to give less of a toss of it if I'm honest. Here's your presents, thanks for the new socks, that was a lovely dinner and I'm rammed, I'm off to sleep for a bit!

And thats pretty much it!

If I could, I wish I could keep my holidays at Christmas and use them in the summer, you know, when its sorta nice and I can actually go out, in a t-shirt and do... Well stuff, instead of being wrapped up with more skins then an onion and a walk to the shops for a box of tabs is more of a "FFS" then it should be!

Dabz

-=-=-
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 8Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit
Sat, 15 Oct 2016, 03:20
Jayenkai
I like that everybody has Xmas off. It's nice to have a predetermined 2-weeks when you can actually get around to family visits that aren't rushed because everyone has to get back to work the next day!!
Xmas with family is much more calm and enjoyable than birthdays, wedding anniversaries or other such events.
... And SO much easier to cope with!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Page : 1 2 Next
Prev