-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|703|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> On Topic -> You Have 3 Voice Messages..

Wed, 19 Oct 2016, 05:10
Jayenkai
Message one.
Message received .. TODAY.. at .. 10:45am
Message from..
0.. 7...5...5..5...5..5..5..1..2..3..4..
*silence*
> Reveal 🔎

It's about time someone spruced up the voicemail service on phones.
For starters, having mobile numbers "read" in the shitty automated speaky style, really doesn't help in any way, shape or form.
Given that all my contacts are in my phone's memory, it'd be nice if the voicemail was web or text based, so that I could scroll through named contacts, instead of random numbers.
Being able to intuitively tap my screen, instead of "To listen again, press 1. To save the message, press 2", would also be infinitely better.

Voicemail's old and decrepit technology, and doesn't belong on my iPhone!

If you're wondering, Mum's phone, in her bag, decided to ring me at random, this morning..

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 19 Oct 2016, 05:33
rockford
LOL.

My wife's phone use to call the home phone when it was in her handbag and she was walking. The worst thing about it as that you couldn't disconnnect the call. Putting the receiver of the phone down didn't end it. Expensive calls those were!
Wed, 19 Oct 2016, 09:35
spinal
Usually if one side the the call has put the phone down, it will take the phone company about 5 minutes to cut the call off.

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Wed, 19 Oct 2016, 12:25
GfK
Missus once got a call on her mobile from an ex-mate's phone - turned out it was her kids playing with the phone. It was about 6:30pm.

They still hadn't hung up after a few minutes... so we got the mobile phone, plugged the charger in, and put the phone in a sock so they wouldn't hear anything from this end. Evil genius.

The call was still going on when we went to bed. Got up next morning - still hadn't hung up! They didn't do anything about it til sometime around 11:30am that morning.

Would have loved to see their faces when they got the phone bill. Worked out the call would have cost well over a hundred quid. \o/
Wed, 19 Oct 2016, 12:36
Jayenkai
If you hang up on the receivers end, the dialer's network is supposed to end the call after about 10 minutes (IIRC).
One of the many things put into practice after recent cold-callers hijacking your phone-line.

.. Whether that's in full force yet, and is probably network dependent, too.. Bloody regulators. Couldn't regulate a sausage.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 19 Oct 2016, 14:09
steve_ancell
Kuron Puki for president!

But he will make us all live under water, and will make sure that our only means of breathing is via snorkels made from hollowed-out bockwurst.