-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|703|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Hey... Fever!!

Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 08:50
Jayenkai
Having a down day, today. Head's banging, and eye's watering, too. If it weren't currently pissing down, i'd suggest it may be heyfever!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 08:50
GfK
Probly is. Opticrom eye drops work. Also I found nasal sprays to work really well... with the downside that they can (and in my case, do) cause nose bleeds, which is worse than the hayfever.
Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 09:04
Jayenkai
I used to take antihistamine tablets, but they usually result in a bunged up nose for the next 7 or 8 months!!!
Bugger that..

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 09:06
steve_ancell
Been going through the same thing on and off, bloody flowers!
Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 09:09
GfK
I take those too but it's more habit than anything else, as they don't seem to do feck-all.

Years ago - mid 80s - I used to have weekly injections at the doctors... Norisen Grass it was called. Worked amazingly well for two years, no hayfever at all, before it got banned due to fatal side effects. Always wondered why I had to wait at the doctors for half an hour after having it.
Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 09:56
Jayenkai
Crikey!!!
Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 10:48
rockford
This last month has been really bad for itchy eyes for me, even with Piriton etc. No other symptoms really though.
Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 11:37
GfK
Fenugreek extract is also good for hayfever. Mix it into food such as curry or something.

If you were stupid enough to just eat a spoon of it, it all clumps together like cement and tastes fucking rank. Do not ask me how I know this. :/
Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 12:40
rockford
LOL.
Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 13:29
spinal
I've heard eating honey from a local farm helps by building up your resistance to local strains of pollen.

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 13:52
GfK
Yeah, heard that too. But try finding any... :/
Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 14:07
Jayenkai
Our local garden centre has some..
.. or rather, our local garden centre sells honey which it claims to be local....

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 14:57
GfK
"Made in Ummagummaland" :/
Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 15:59
rockford
How local is local though?

It'll still all depend on the plants/trees in the immediate area where the honey is produced. If you've got an allergy to (say) ash pollen and the local hives are a mile away next to (say) chestut trees, then the amount of ash pollen in the "local" honey will be considerably less than chestnut.

Any if it's grass pollens you're allergic/sensitive too, then you're fecked as bees don't pollinate grasses - they are all wind pollinated.