-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|674|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Hardware and Technology -> TheRevillsComputer

Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 04:26
therevillsgames
Testing testing from the new pc
Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 04:26
Jayenkai
How is it?!
Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 04:39
steve_ancell

Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 18:51
therevillsgames
@Jay - Its very nice... but two things are getting hard to get use to:
* Different noise(s) - sounds like a fan but cant pin point it at the moment
* New keyboard... It has got "game" keys to the far left and because I dont look at the keyboard my fingers are finding them and I'm thinking they the left shift/caplock keys so I am mistyping a lot more than normal!

Overall though, the PC boots into Windows 10 and is usable within 10 seconds... playing the latest games (such as DOOM) on ultra and its running them super smooth!

Now... I've already got a PSVR but do I get a VR headset for the PC now that I've got one which can actually run one?!?!?
Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 01:38
Jayenkai
I hate getting used to keyboard layouts.
Thank fuck we settled on QWERTY.. can you imagine the letters constantly being jumbled about by manufacturers who think they can do better?!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 04:09
GfK
There are few more stupid than the Apple keyboards, sold in the UK with a fucking US layout!
Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 04:14
Jayenkai
It's only @ and ".. You can learn to live with those flipped..
What's more frustrating is when you refuse to pay for an insanely overpriced Apple keyboard, and so those two keys are actually labelled the wrong way wrong.

Note : The current keyboard attached (not attached, it's bluetooth!) to my MacMini is the little Nintendo keyboard that came with Pokemon : Typing Adventure!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 03:05
therevillsgames
Over in Oz, they use the US keyboard layout so I had to get use to it!
Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 03:46
GfK
It's only @ and ".. You can learn to live with those flipped..
That, plus they don't have Page up/down/home/end keys.

I bought a wired Mac keyboard, which does have those keys... except they don't bloody do anything out of the box! Had to install some keyboard remapper thingymajiggy to get it to work like a proper keyboard.
Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 04:13
Jayenkai
LOL! How silly

Yeah, any keyboard without a numpad and associated keys is pure evil.
First thing I look for when choosing a laptop!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''