-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|677|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Section Suggestions

Tue, 12 Sep 2006, 16:11
Jayenkai
So, I have this Forum, the Showcase, and the Articles/Tutorials, but they have very few sections in them.

What sections would you like to see in each?

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 12 Sep 2006, 16:18
Scherererer
I'd like to see a .Net section, however i don't know how many other users have experience in it.

-=-=-
YouTube Twitter
Computer Science Series: Logic (pt1) (part 2) (part 3) 2's Complement Mathematics: Basic Differential Calculus
Tue, 12 Sep 2006, 16:22
magicman
For the showcase, you would need the platform, rpg, shoot-um-up, applications, editors, and what ever other stuff there may be. thats the easy part, the hard part is the articals/turtorials, you have to ask yourself if you really need it to be split into sections, and if so, would just a graphics and code section be needed or whould you need effects, beginer, physics, 3d, and that sort of thing. As for the fourm, off topic, And code fourms, in code fourms you would have the diffrent languages, whatever they may be, then have a contest fourm, a team section were you can find team members, and mabey a fourm were you can find some other things.

-=-=-
Stuff... Yeah...
Tue, 12 Sep 2006, 16:22
HoboBen
They all need "Misc." or "Other" sections
Wed, 13 Sep 2006, 04:23
HoboBen
A 2D and 3D (separate or not?) "Graphics" section to add to the articles/tutorials would be good.

-=-=-
blog | work | code | more code
Wed, 13 Sep 2006, 09:12
HoboBen
We need language sections now!

BlitzBasic/3D
BlitzPlus
BlitzMax
C/C++/C#, etc.
Cobra!
Delphi
JavaScript
Java
Psuedo-code (Come on, that would rock!)
Retro languales (QBasic, Pascal, Fortran)

-=-=-
Thu, 14 Sep 2006, 04:08
HoboBen
Add a "Language help/tutorials" section to the link archives?

-=-=-
Sat, 21 Oct 2006, 22:47
JL235
I have a few genuine criticisms. First change the time-offset selection on the profile so that 0 is GMT not your time. You could have the default as American, but GMT is the standard internationally and so people assume 0 as being GMT (since GMT is the centre of international time) not +8 hours.

Second, I'd actually remove alot of the forum, showcase, code-snippets and tutorial sub-sections. They make the site look empty and innactive which is off putting to new visiters. When the site is more popular and the sections are getting filled, that's when you should expand into making more.
Sat, 21 Oct 2006, 22:54
hyruleknight
clean up the sections and make more general areas like dialbos said. have the sub-section name attached to if but only to describe it in searching but don't put them in sections of their own until you get a lot more

-=-=-
i like green haired girls...