-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|674|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Console Coding -> Wii Homebrew!!!!

Fri, 28 Dec 2007, 13:57
spinal
I just fond out, a German hacking group have managed to get homebrew code running on a Wii in Wii mode (not GC mode), that means we should soon see a Wii compiler/devkit and some demos showing up. I would think we should also soon see Wii Action Replay.

here is a link -

clicky linky.

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Fri, 28 Dec 2007, 15:07
Jayenkai
Cool.

But I've not yet modded a console, and am in no rush to do so.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 28 Dec 2007, 19:38
garand
I'm with you Jay.
Fri, 28 Dec 2007, 21:25
magicman
I would love to make games for my wii, but i dont know if i want to take it apart and risk messing it up to do so. but you never know!

-=-=-
Stuff... Yeah...
Sat, 29 Dec 2007, 01:13
lyons
i dont own a wii but this is both good and bad news.

good as in people will be able to make their own games

bad as in piracy causing less developers producing games for the wii. we have already seen this happen with the psp.

and also don't the wii have them dam pesky nintendo screws that are nearly (but not)impossible to remove?
you would have to damage your case to open it

-=-=-

Sat, 29 Dec 2007, 01:23
JL235
Nintendo have a habit of making their updates break modded Wii's. So I wouldn't recommend it.
Sat, 29 Dec 2007, 04:22
spinal
From what I can tell, I think the idea is that you wont need a modded Wii to run homebrew on it. However, I have read that if the wii detects a dvdr/cdr it will refuse to boot from it, like i mentioned in the first post, this discovery may result in an action replay for the wii (datrl and nintendo are not best friends, so an officially backed AR is unlikely).If that happens, then perhaps a similar way for running homebrew than the gc version would work (datel disk + memory card) as datel have the money to press proper disks it would result in a chipless way to run homebrew and less likely hood of being able to run pirated games. But it likely will not happen that way.

-=-=-
Thu, 14 Feb 2008, 05:38
lyons
im using this topic as i don't beleave we need a new topic
for every new development on the wii homebrew scene.

Anyway... as some of you know there is now a zelda exploit.
although it only works in certain versions of the game,
here is the first real homebrew wii game... PONG. although there is no controls as of yet.

link

-=-=-

Thu, 14 Feb 2008, 14:36
spinal
Excellent, I might try this one day, don't know what version my zelda is, if it works, I think I'll keep it (I never play it anymore, can't really play those sorts of games, they bore me).

Good find.

-=-=-