-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|455|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Wednesday Workshop -> #209 - The Gravity Challenge

Wed, 08 Jul 2009, 01:35
Jayenkai

#209 - The Gravity Challenge

The Challenge

Games with Gravity!!

Mmm.. Gravity!

The Time

Wed 8th July -> 15th July, 2009
You have until this timer hits zero to complete your entry. For the record, that's Tue/Wed, midnight GMT*. (Although that's more frequently becoming "When I bother to wake up, on a Wednesday morning")

The Rules

You're free to reuse functions here and there, if it helps speed up your dev-time. Old art and audio, are pretty much expected, since we don't all have time to create fully working masterpieces within the space of a week!

Other than that, the main coding for each week's task should be pretty much created within the time allocated.

If you use other people's art/sound/functions, give credit where credit's due.
To enter, post your game below. If you can't find anywhere decent to host it, send it to Jayenkai@Gmail.com

Additional rules are available here.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Wed, 08 Jul 2009, 10:28
shroom_monk
I seem to remember that we did this before, but I never finished my entry to a decent standard...

-=-=-
A mushroom a day keeps the doctor away...

Keep It Simple, Shroom!
Tue, 14 Jul 2009, 15:31
Jayenkai
Gravity Bob
A game that seemed better in my head!

socoder.net/uploads/1/GravityBob.zip

On each map is at least one locked block. Get the other same-coloured blocks to meet with it, at the same angle, and the movable block will disappear.
Make all the movable blocks vanish, and the locked block will also disappear.

Remove all blocks to head to the next level.

Your character can walk on all walls/floors/ceilings.
Up/down/left and right are your obvious directions.. walk around as you need.
There's a "Jump" button, (X), but unlike a normal jump button, this one makes you flip head over heals, and fall upwards to what was previously your roof.
Luvly stuff!

The Z button will grab a block, if you're stood infront of it, or drop it if you're holding one.
Just keep an eye on what direction the block will fall when you let go of it!!

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Tue, 14 Jul 2009, 15:39
Phoenix
The block got stuck on level 2, so I couldn't move it. Had to restart

|edit| Oh, nevermind. Figured it out! |edit|
Wed, 15 Jul 2009, 14:36
HoboBen
Might have a late entry in later this month...
Wed, 15 Jul 2009, 14:54
Jayenkai
Cool!