-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|636|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Win7 Installing

Page : 1 2 Next
Prev
Sat, 19 Apr 2014, 13:46
dna
I have a technical Question about windows 7. What is the name of the boot loader file on a windows 7 64bit installer disc?

-=-=-
DNA
Sat, 19 Apr 2014, 13:46
dna
I'm compiling a DVD and I have many different files that have the name boot in them. Only one is the right one.
I want the disc to boot into the installer operations without having to reburn 8 or 9 discs usin trial and error.

-=-=-
DNA
Sat, 19 Apr 2014, 13:55
Jayenkai
*shrugs*
If you want a simple, easy to boot Win7 ISO, just google for it, and Microsoft's own forum has lots to choose from. I think they trust their Serial/key process enough that they don't mind folk downloading and creating install CDs.
Assuming you have a legitimate key, you're safe to do so.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sat, 19 Apr 2014, 14:32
dna
Thanks Jay

I see it on the MS site. I have a non iso version that I was no sure that would work. It's the wrong size as well, possibly stripped of the unnecessary items but there is no way for me to tell.

-=-=-
DNA
Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 13:09
dna
I downloaded the installer iso and it will not boot from a DVD for some reason.
Can anyone recommend a good free install disk maker?

I tried Burnaware Free and that did not work.
Now I have to non Direct bootable DVDs

-=-=-
DNA
Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 13:50
Jayenkai
I'd check your bios settings, first.
Thu, 01 May 2014, 13:19
dna
I did that.
I changed the bios settings to make it boot from the disk but it did not work. I even went and found that some machines can use the 'R' key when booting the disk to make machine boot from the disk.

-=-=-
DNA
Fri, 02 May 2014, 15:46
dna
Burned another disc that will not boot directly from the disk.
The bios settings are correct, the cursor just flashes as it tries to read the disc.

-=-=-
DNA
Fri, 02 May 2014, 15:50
Jayenkai
*shrugs*
Worked fine for me.
Google for ways to make a bootable DVD, something's bound to work eventually.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Fri, 02 May 2014, 17:41
dna
These are the files on the disc

They are not in a ISO format and so there has to be another method that will make the disc bootable.

Right now the laptop is searching for the right file but the DVDs that I have burned are pointing to the wrong file.

-=-=-
DNA
Sun, 04 May 2014, 16:48
dna
Thanks Kuron

That was my problem. I was extracting the files from the archive since the extension did not indicate .iso

It was in a .rar format that fooled me.

-=-=-
DNA
Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:09
dna
Now I get a bootloader is missing message.

The Hard Drive may be bad

-=-=-
DNA
Mon, 05 May 2014, 05:20
Hotshot
Is Window 8.1 worth getting? Should I stick with Window 7?
Mon, 05 May 2014, 05:38
Jayenkai
I haven't dared upgrade to 8/8.1, yet, but I have this niggling feeling like I probably should, if only to ensure my games are even barely working on the bloomin' thing!

Not sure I can be bothered, just yet, though. It'd require a lot of faffing about to get my Dev-stuff ported over.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Mon, 05 May 2014, 13:26
dna
Does Linux now support touch devices?
Mon, 05 May 2014, 14:07
Hotshot
can you tell me what Window 8.1 got that Window 7 doesnt have?

One things worries me is compatable problem as I dont want move Window 8.1 if there is software compatable problem!
Mon, 05 May 2014, 14:29
dna
@Hotshot: I think someone mentioned in another post that 8 was more geared for touch devices. There might be a few other things though.

@Kuron:This is a slightly older Laptop that has a SATA connection. I've connected the drive in question to an external SATA adapter and am running the Seatools tests.

-=-=-
DNA
Mon, 05 May 2014, 14:58
dna
@Hotshot: The Drive information is blank or does not exist.
The short generic test failed
The Long Generic test Failed, did not run for 5 secs
The drive has no firmware name

I'm downloading the disk wizard to try and repair the name or declare the drive Bad. It does come up on the desktop as being formatted and shows the contents of the disc.

** I think it's official, the drive is Bad. It is now going BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP continually.

Not spinning up it sounds even thought it will appear on the destop at times

-=-=-
DNA
Mon, 05 May 2014, 16:01
Hotshot
That isnt good

I wonder what Windows 9 going be like?
Mon, 05 May 2014, 16:11
dna
Windows 9 probably will be geared more to hand-held devices but the company might put some gimmick into the software to make it sellable.

-=-=-
DNA
Mon, 05 May 2014, 17:38
cyangames
Sod windows 8. Windows 7 with the XP menu is okay though. Can't port ti windows store or windows phone 8 without it mind.. Might have to get a laptop for Windows 8 specifically. Hell, I'd still run Win XP if it could address more RAM.

-=-=-
Web / Game Dev, occasionally finishes off coding games also!
Page : 1 2 Next
Prev