-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|461|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
Socoder -> Off Topic -> Kuron vs His Parents?

Sun, 25 Sep 2016, 21:41
Jayenkai
!!?
Sun, 25 Sep 2016, 22:30
Jayenkai
Aaah, families.
Life never runs smoothly, even with the best will in the world.

I'm not sure that would be a good enough reason to disown a child, but each to their own.
.. one of my aunts fell out with the entire family due to (from what I can gather) someone stealing her chocolate bar! (Or at the very least, that was the event that broke the camel's back, so to speak) She barely talks to any of the family any more, but did at least show her face at my nan's funeral.

Things usually work themselves out. Family's family. Give it time.

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''
Sun, 25 Sep 2016, 23:26
spinal
I can see it being a little odd for everyone, but not enough to fall out with you for. If you three are happy with the arrangement then it's really up to your parents to come to terms with it, especially if it's the only real option. <-- That's opinion, not advice, I don't do advice...

-=-=-
Check out my excellent homepage!
Sun, 25 Sep 2016, 23:51
rockford
Families eh? So good news, on the whole, but wrapped around a bitter centre.

Well, at the end of the day, what you do is not your parents' concern. If they don't like the choices you've made, then that's their problem and they really need to step back and take a look at themselves; sounds like you are being far more mature and caring.

Your situation is undeniably unusual, but also one where you can see that there is a lot of care there. If your new partner can accept the situation and you can all live with it, then that's what really matters.

Dealing with any form mental illness, and helping someone who has mental health issues is not an easy task. I do it for a living; you're doing it as a life. I doff my cap, good sir
Mon, 26 Sep 2016, 01:20
zzoom
Kuron, my sympathy goes out to you regarding your parents, however it is plain to see you are a very caring individual and I have a lot of respect for the way you have managed a complicated situation.

From my own experience, dealing with family members with mental health issues is certainly not a walk in the park at times. A large degree of patience and understanding is required, which seem to have

-=-=-
Happy coding!
Mon, 26 Sep 2016, 01:51
GfK
one of my aunts fell out with the entire family due to (from what I can gather) someone stealing her chocolate bar!
Fucking hell. Unless it was a Wonka Fudgemallow Delight with a golden ticket in it, that's a bit OTT.
Thu, 29 Sep 2016, 02:35
Jayenkai
That's one of those "damned if you do/don't" issues, I guess.
I mean, if you hadn't have bought the RV, you'd probably have definitely needed the thing, whereas now you do have it, it's not as useful as you thought it would be.
Still, at the very least, you can have nice unplanned road trips. That should be fun, right!?

-=-=-
''Load, Next List!''